Monday, November 10, 2014

Good Monday Afternoon


Good Monday Afternoon.

I am a little late with these Monday Freestyles. But that is alright. I see ya'll reading. Some of ya'll are even texting me.

I worked this past Saturday. Only 4 hours, but I get a good 8 hours worth of work done in 4 hours on a Saturday. There are barely any distractions, and it's very quiet. I had a ton of reports to read, so I got all of that done, plus a little lab work. I just needed to get from under it all, and to start my week off with a clean slate this week.

I was going to work on Sunday, but I called a coworker, one of the youngsters in the group who was here on Sunday, and asked her what she was doing and if she needed me to come in. She said she'd been at work since five in the morning.

Humph. There is NO way I am coming to work at 5 in the morning. Shoot... it's still nighttime as far as I'm concerned.

I told her that I had my work clothes laid out and my church clothes laid out. After conversing with her, I decided to put on my church clothes and go to church.

Praise the Lord!

I called up my best friend LadyTee and met her at church. I rarely go to a Sunday service (I prefer a weekday bible study). But I was glad I went. It was a good message, and I was glad to see my best friend.

Last night I had a good phone conversation with one of my favorite readers and imaginary hypothetical heroin shooting partner, Ginae! She called me a couple of weeks ago to check on me, and I told her I would talk with her again. You didn't think I was gonna call, did ya gal?  Ha ha!

I have your phone number. I can harass you now. *sinister laugh*

But seriously. Good to talk to you. It was like talking to Michelle Obama, it was. Let's talk again:)

Today's foodstuffs. This is just TOTALLY random.

90% of the time I have some type of green smoothie in the morning:


It is based on throwing the french doors of the fridge open and pulling out whatever. This one is organic baby kale, red pear, blueberries, strawberries, cold water and shredded cabbage. And a scoop of my vitamin supplement powder. It was interesting enough. I have been on a cranberries run for the past couple of weeks. Not sure why I left those out. Maybe because I need to use up my strawberries.

Here's my salad!


Lettuce, tomato, various peppers, cucumbers, apples and shredded cabbage (trying my best to get rid of this cabbage, man). And I found an AMAZING tangerine coriander dressing for it.

This is a small salad. Cowgirl Cre is running out to get something to eat, and she's bringing me back some tater tots!


OH JOY!!!!!  Nothing like a little grease on my Monday, right!? LOL

Quote of the Week. This one had me a bit...... O_O.

If I don't have a sense of purpose in my life, I'm going to make your life a living hell.

Well dayum!

That's a bit extreme, ain't it?

But it makes sense. When I see folk just being dramatic and wreaking havoc in the lives of everyone around them, I think to myself  Don't you have something else better to do?

Apparently not. According to the quote above... they have no purpose. Nothing to focus upon. So they got all the time in the world to mess with you.

But I submit that's just one of the issues.

I feel more like this:

There you are, walking in your purpose.

Here I am, sitting here, with no purpose at all.

Time for me to knock you off course.

Hmm. I have a self-esteem issha. Indeed.

But the same ol' question comes up: Don't I have something else better else to do than to be messin' with folks? DANG.

I heard that on a talk show on SiriusXM from a financial and small business expert. I did not get his name. I was too shocked.


Song of the Week.  This is one of my top ten favorite songs EVER. "Love is on the Way" by Deborah Cox.



That's one of my favorites. You want me to sit down somewhere and calm down? Play that song. Loved-ed it. Brings me down a notch!

That whole CD is great, one of my favorites from the 90s. People hate that she didn't blow up in the USA. But she's huge in Canada. Plus she's not singing half nekked or gyrating on the floor. Hence, this means you're not a big female pop star in the US.

I'm just saying.

Alright! Tomorrow's Veteran's day!

Are ya'll ready for Veterans Day? I am. It's a day off for me! And I am going to make some calls and thank some of my favorite veterans for their service and for their protection of my freedoms. I even made one of my military coworkers a batch of cookies today. 

Thank you Veterans for your service to our great nation!

Have a great week on purpose!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I love that quote!! That was gooooood!!

    I love me some Decorah Cox. I have all her CDs...

    Girl you had me cracking up with your morning routines. You know its a good convo when you are off the phone and still chuckling about stuff you talked about. Lol..and that's totally a given that we will talk again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I posted a comment yesterday and now its gone...not sure what happened to it! Crazy blogger! Lol...anyway I enjoyed our talk as well.! We must and will chat again. I wouldn't have it any other way...

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!