Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Ten Tuesday Thoughts... Voting Edition

1.  Whatever you do, get out and VOTE today. The Oppressor is doing all this suppressing today, so if you have your license, you might as well.

2. I was playing Words with Friends with Tayari's father and listening to the Sirius XM at the same time. The host of a show I like was having a black political roundtable with black folks who have taught politics over the years, and they announced someone with Tayari's father's name. I texted him in the chat room and asked "Was that you, Mr. Jones??" Indeed it was.

3. That political roundtable was deep off the pages. I learned a lot. He spoke of how we are to the point now where we vote for the less egregious candidate.

4. I totally agreed with him. But I call it voting for the "lesser of two evils".  I can't stand that. I want to be excited about the voting process. It is such a pimp-ho game now.

5. I don't care for the Democratic party. I think they take the black vote for granted.  And the democratic candidates shunning President Obama is a dayum shame. Really.

6. I don't care for the Republican party even more. Stop making everything about your hatred for the black President and come up with some solutions to some problems.

7. The most interesting thing I heard this morning was a quote from someone on Fox News yelling about how the president was a racist. They yelled about how people are on welfare and food stamps even more now.

8. I found that all interesting. Seeing how there are numbers-wise more white people on food stamps and welfare than black folks. Hmm. Confusing. Why dog your own people like that? Or do they want to continually culturally condition us black folks into thinking we are all on public assistance?

9. I wish the Republican party had some black leadership. We see what happened with Michael Steele and Herman Cain. That's enough for me.

10. They would do good to go find Colin Powell and get him to lead something. But they can't do that, though. Colin Powell is his own man, and he doesn't read from the script. And I raised an eyebrow at the whole party when he got the heck on. It was almost like someone raising the "baptist finger" and excusing themselves from the church. LoL.

11.  I can't WAIT to see what happens with Dr. Ben Carson. He will get snatched down if it even remotely looks like people are on his side. But he's saying a bunch of crazy stuff lately, so... we'll just have to see.

12. I am tired of every other commercial being a political commercial.  And they are all dark and fear based.

13. We may have a run-off in Georgia, and it won't be held until January.  So that means more political commercials.  Sigh.

14.  I tend to vote across the board in local politics. It is easier to evaluate if the incumbent has done a good job. But national politics is a whole nother animal.

15. With that said, I am not sure how my current governor got into office. Didn't he get kicked out of congress. He makes me squeamish with all his ethics charges. Just shady. He did not get my vote.

16. I was voter number 13 at my precinct. And that was about 45 minutes after the polls opened. Let's hope the numbers in my 'hood rise over the day.

17. Best rule of thumb:  Vote your interests. Period. 

18. Make sure you get out and VOTE.  I don't care who you vote for. Make sure you VOTE.

That was more than 10 Tuesday thoughts. I have many more. But you get the picture.

Go VOTE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!