Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Congrats to Misty Copeland



When I saw that Misty Copeland had become head ballerina of her company, I smiled. I would never have known about her if it wasn't for one of the brothers on my twitter timeline.. He puts up pictures of her from time to time, and I, being a bit perturbed about the dude's stream of female pictures from day to day, decided to look her up and read about her life.  What a great success story.

I think there have been other black ballerinas. But I think she is the first to get endorsement deals, and the first to be a principal ballerina in a non-minority company. 

Some little black girl who has always wished to be a ballerina now has one more to look up to.

GLORY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!