Friday, July 28, 2017

Friday Freestyles!

It is Friday.

AND it is PAYDAY.

Oh joy, oh joy, oh joy.

This day has been...just the day. I got a few things done in the lab. I have not seen immediate management. I saw my Director twice today. Hmm...

I smiled. I chatted. I waved. And I kept it stepping.

It is payday. I don't feel like talking about science.

So guess what...

I was driving home on Wednesday night, thinking about getting outside and cutting a couple of blades of grass because my doggone lawn dude had disappeared, when lo and behold I see THIS:

Cut grass!  Trimmed bushes!

LAWD!

I screeched. It was a noise that a yak or dolphin would make. I was shocked because I don't remember ever making a sound like that before.  I was so excited!!

I was so happy. Those bushes are crooked, but who cares! I don't. I am just glad I don't have to get out there and fight the bushes with my sword, i.e., my trusty electric hedge clippers.

"I didn't know where you were," I said, trying my best not to run up on him and hug him.

He peered at me curiously. "I am here a day early. Tomorrow is your actual lawn day."

*crickets*

I can't say I believe that.

"It's been real hot and it's been raining bad. That's why the grass grew so fast."

I can't say I believe that. I think he was locked up, and he just don't want to say.

"I bought a trimmer,"  I said, as I didn't want to debate his absence anymore. We walked into my garage and looked at it. I picked it up and handed it to him.

"My back hurts. I will work with that some other time."

Then he walked away.

 ...With my rake. He didn't want to fool with the trimmer, but his back was strong enough to rake up the bush trimmings.  And that is fine. That meant I didn't have to get out there and rake and bag up debris. GOOD.

So one of my goals this weekend is to fool with the trimmer. I have been watching some YouTube videos and I think I may be able to use it without taring down the fence. And that's okay. I am just glad the grass has been cut.

Song of the Week. Some Kendrick! You know he's my favorite rapper of the 2010's. He has a new video out. Well, it came out a couple of weeks ago. "Element". It's one of my favorite songs on the CD.



How awesome is that? And there's a TON of imagery in salute to the famous late Gordon Parks.

It took me a minute to pick up on that.

Very nice.

I hope to have a quiet enough weekend. My nerves are SHOT because because our President has gone straight HAM and ratchet all week, multiple times per day, and it is emotionally draining. So I need to get a haircut and run a few errands and just make sure I do some constructive things with my whole entire life. I want to turn the TV off and leave the news alone.  The quality of my life goes up SEVERAL notches when I turn the TV off and get productive.

I am thankful for that.

Whelp! Tuesday, August 1st, Atlanta Noir officially comes out!

There's a launch party in Little Five Points (Atlanta's Hippy district)!

I am even participating in the reading! I hope I don't break out crying! This will be my very first reading. I am so happy about it.

That is it for me!

Let's have a great weekend... on purpose for real!

On purpose because the political climate is not making us great at ALL!

My goal is to get my emotions back to where they need to be... on purpose, on purpose, ON PURPOSE.

(As you can tell, I cannot say that enough).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!