Tuesday, July 18, 2017

The Burn

Something I love to dabble in from time to time is loose teas.

I find some good ones in bulk here and there, and that's always a fun thing.

I've found one that is especially complex at my local Whole Foods, and I just can't get enough of it.

Cinnamon cardamon tea.


There's a lot going on there. And it looks like there's more than cinnamon and cardamon there.



It's $30 a pound, but I imagine a pound is a lot. It's lightweight, and the amount in the jar comes up to about 8$. (Yes, I went back and bought it ALL after sampling a couple of teaspoons of it my first time buying it).

I like to steep 3 teaspoons at a time.

And I don't steep for the recommended typical 5 minutes for most teas. I steep for 30 minutes.

Because I'm hardcore like that.

And then I pour it over ice. (Because you know I'm not drinking it straight).



Oh...

The burn.

I can feel it burning in my chest. It's like I boiled some of the red hot candies for a LONG time.

The BURN.

Amazing.

It's akin to drinking some straight liquor.

LOL

And what's more amazing is that the two main components of this tea have some great anti-inflammatory and circulatory properties, and I can feel it.

How great is that.

But I can't get past the burn.

And you know what? I hate red hot candies...

...But this here will do just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!