Monday, August 15, 2005

So "Carter-Annish"...

I'm about to move into my new house soon...
Very soon, I hope...

And I got my first housewarming gift today from my good friend of seventeen years, a true oldgirl, Ms. Carter-Anne! A Lowe's gift card and a beautiful keepsake magnet for the refrigerator that I have yet to purchase.

It's a beautiful little magnet, showing two shelves containing little plants, gift-wrapped boxes, a water pitcher, and an apple. It even has a little happy birdy on it also. This all makes sense. It's so "Carter-Annish".

The perfect gift from my flower-child friend, who once planted corn in the front yard of her house. I remember standing there looking at the emerging stalks saying "Girl, are you crazy? Have you lost your mind? A crop of corn in the front yard?" She nodded her head as she watered her corn and said "Oh, it's going to be just lovely!".

Those corn stalks grew tall and strong. I'd never seen such a site. It was so "Carter-Annish", and it was all so right!

So thanks again, Oldgirl and family! I will always cherish my special magnet from my special friend...

Now about that Lowe's card... Is there enough credit on it for the black Maytag freezer on the bottom French doors refrigerator I want so badly??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!