Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday Freestyles

Good Friday Morning!

Today is PAYDAY!

Hooray!

Not sure why I'm excited. I went online yesterday and paid bills. A good chunk of that pay is GONE already! I've also scratched out a bootleg budget for the week on paper.

You know, I've been doing a lot of reading about the food we eat, etc. I told my boss *insert groans and wailings* "I'm so ashamed of where I work!!!!!"

She gave me that cricket stare.

"But," I continued, "ya'll better have my money straight!"



That's all I gotta say about that!!

"Drama, LadyLee," she says with the hard eyeroll.

Yeah, they gonna see some drama if my money ain't right.

LOL!!

Quotable Quotes: My workgroup SuperHero, The Enfamous HenDog, put this up as his latest Facebook Status:

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little and watch TV too much. We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We've learned how to make a living but not a life. We've added years to life, not life to years.

I leaned back in my chair and looked from my cubicle over to Hen's cubicle. "Boy, you didn't make that up!"

"Yes I did," he hollered.

"Who church bulletin you copy that off of!?"

LOL. That's a good one. A mini food for thought.

For some reason, this reminds me of a man I met who don't fool with the computers and internet. I can't imagine the quality of life he must have.

What a turn-on! *Lee swoooooons uncontrollably*

Uh, not sure why that got to me. I guess I rarely meet dudes that get out and enjoy life.

I love the last 2 lines: We've learned how to make a living but not a life. We've added years to life, not life to years.

Get down Hen-Dog... with your deep self!

Video of the Week. We were in deep pontification concerning the following song yesterday:





Halfway through the song, at 1:48 minutes, she forgets the lyrics or something, starts yelling, "But, But... But!" What the world?

It was my conclusion that she was drunk and showed up on her estranged man's front lawn talking trash. Real LOUD.

Cowgirl Cre thought she was like Shug Avery walking across the fields trying to get to the church house! LOL!

And we were lost with at the line: "I know how to make your liver quiver!"

*crickets*

(Yes, we discuss these types of things. We may even make Hen-Dog dance if it's a good song).

Financial Fast. I am LOVING the Financial Fast posts over at the House of Serenity!! Not only the posts, but the comments. I'm learning much from it. I've gotten some great ideas to incorporate into my own financial life. And that's a good thing.

Not sure what I'm doing for the weekend. Book club meeting for tomorrow is canceled. (This is good. I need to finish reading the book.)

This will be a freestyle weekend, with no real agenda. Gotta hit up the post office. I plan on getting a little walking at the track done. If it's sunny out, I may go hang out at the Morningside Farmers market. This is a good time to go and scope it out, as the local summer harvest should be in, i.e., reasonably priced local organic veggies! OH JOY!

Yeah, cuz I need a break from paying $4.29 a pound for broccoli. I eat 2 pounds a week. You do the math.

That's it for me. I guess I'll get up and get ready for work.

What are your weekend plans?

Whatever they are, make it good, and enjoy it... on purpose!

5 comments:

  1. I plan to be out and about this weekend. Trying to put some life into my years! I'm getting a facial (yay) and going to the gym (groan) treating myself to a nice lunch somewhere and touching up my new growth ... not necessarily in that order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:44:00 PM

    I have no plans. Just going with the flow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am working on assignments, going to a sorority meeting, end of the course prep review session for my students, and meeting a friend. That is all on tomorrow. Sunday I will only have church and working on my paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting my life in order lol

    Like seriously I have to work today till 6 but my job is taking years off me. I rarely watch tv and dont answer my own personal phone because I fix other peoples 40 hours a week. I forgot to pay the c.a.ble bill one time and it was only 24.95 for evry.thing and It didnt bother me what so ever crazy yeah I know.

    Not ungrateful or anything but I got to make some moves Im sitting on 2 degrees, a certification and going after two more. I need to get my focus back.

    Ima redo my vision board.

    Apartment searching and church tomorrow. Maybe get my ends touched up on this thing I call a head but then again I probably want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm copying HenDog's status and putting it on my wall.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!