Monday, May 10, 2010

Good Monday Morning

Good Monday Morning.

This weekend was so so gorgeous! Just the right temperature, full of sunshine, no rain, wind blowing through my hair, lol...

I got a good mind to call off from work today (like I feel like doing on every Monday morning), but I will not. (Aren't you proud of me)?

I'm not too sure how much I will be posting, as my laptop is in the shop. It's hard uploading pics etc., on my sister's laptops, and they are blocking blogs at work (Look at my timestamps. Uh, it's very rare for me to blog at work). There is a 60 minute a day quota on personal sites, but I rather keep it light. (I'm not sure why they didn't block FB and twitter, but whatever.)

So I will get in where I fit in.

I spoke with Miss Celie a couple of times this weekend. She really likes the book club book I'm reading right now. Wench by Dolen Perkins-Valdez.

I have to watch Celie. She is a literary writer, so the stuff she likes, well, I better be ready to think about it, lol. I was over on twitter mumbling, "This book better get better, Celie." Yes indeed, it has gotten better... turning into a really good read. And of course, I'm having to think about it, lol.

I was laughing at ol' Celie. She's sickly right now. She had to put up with me joking "Girl, your voice all deep, you sound like a dude!" LOL

Get well soon, Oldgirl!

I am in LOVE with this pepper.

The African Devil, better known as the African Birdseye Pepper or piri piri. They are only half an inch long, but man... two or three of them in a pot of something really makes that dish SING! To me, a good chili pepper makes you sweat just a little bit. And you can feel the afterburn of it in the back of your throat, and it's not painful. I can't stand peppers that make me cry! Ugh.

Ya'll make SURE you get over to Serenity's blog for the financial posts. They made it through week one, and they have two weeks to go. All seems to be going pretty well, and I am learning much from the guest posts and comments. Ya'll keep chuggin' along over there! I promise, you will learn MUCH about yourself!

I went to church on Sunday, which is a rarity for me (I like going during the week). But I met my best friend LadyTee there, and it was good to get together with her for church.

We've been on a series for over a month, on the subject of being honorable and having a good attitude.

Best thing I heard yesterday:

When you adjust your attitude, you adjust your life.

That's a powerful statement there... so few words, yet so rich... and so true.

I've been working hard on my attitude lately, in all areas of my life... It's a mental spring cleaning of sorts.

I'm making progress, slowly but surely.

With that said, you all make it a FANTASTIC week. Something great is going to happen today. If not to me, then to you, or to someone else. It never fails.

Have a good week... on purpose.

4 comments:

  1. I'm waiting on the something great to happen over here. maybe my dinner recipe will be great! That's what I'm hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Wench" --good read...you'll like it and want more... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "When you adjust your attitude, you adjust your life."

    Yes that is very powerful. Lately when a stank thought comes into my mind I have thankfully been able to check myself and let it go. I am finding that I am feeling better in general these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had the book Wench for a couple of months. I read The Help last year, it was an emotional read for me from anger to tears and just shaking my head.

    I know Wench will probably evoke similar reactions.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!