Thursday, May 13, 2010

LadyLee's Favorites: Silk's Tonight



This has to be one of my FAVORITE CDs.

And normally, it is something that I wouldn't even think of buying.

Back in 2000, I lived in New Orleans, and I would try to get back home to the ATL at least every three months. I'd also try to visit friends while here. One of my friends lived in a small town in South Georgia, some 3 hours south of the ATL.

Anyway, whenever I drove through small towns, I always made sure to check out the local Wal-Marts. I've found over the years that small country Wal-Mart stores carry the BEST yarn, and they have plenty of it.

So, while in some some small town in Middle Georgia, I saw a Wal-mart store from the highway, and decided to check it out. The music and electronics section was nearby, and they were playing a CD really loud of some boy group crooning. I remember thinking, after hearing four songs... "I don't know what they're playing over there, but it is off the chain!"

So I went over and talked to the brother who was manning the section, and he said it was the new Silk CD, Tonight. He liked it, and he played it his entire shift. I wanted the CD, but unfortunately, they were sold out. (Everyone came over to pick it up when they heard it playing. Go figure.)

I managed to find it in my friend's town... and I've been playing it every since.

It is one of the very few CDs where I love every single song. I actually think some of the better songs on the album are ones they didn't release as singles.

So that's my favorite CD. I've been playing that in the ride lately.

Very smooth.

Very soft.

Very Silk.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:23:00 AM

    I use to love me some Silk! Only single I remember from that album is "Meeting In My Bedroom".

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Sings in his high pitch falsetto*: Bedroom, bedroom... BEDROOM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:00:00 PM

    If You and Please Don't Go were always my favorite songs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. jennifer12:20:00 PM

    is LOSE CONTROL on that album???those boys can sang, this is true.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!