Thursday, October 14, 2010

Brown

Skin, rugged yet velvety soft
Soothing memories of my favorite chocolate delight.
So rich and smooth,
I wanted to taste it, wondering if it had flavor.
Even though it didn’t matter how it tasted,
As long as it was a deep, dark... hershey bar dark

Because it was the color of the Chattahoochee late in the midnight hour
When the moonlight lands and lights the river,
Lights the river just right.

His eyes were the same,
Deep dark pools of muddy water.
Swirling,
Flowing,

Hypnotizing me
Pulling me in,

Drowning me
Drowning me.



From October 8, 2010 Women of Color Writing workshop. Writing prompt: We drew crayons from a box of crayons. We had to write about whatever color we pulled. I pulled a "brown" crayon. (Short exercise: 5-7 minutes)

Why in the world was I thinking about a brown man? LAWD!

Hey Dawn! No more brothers at the Women of Color Writing Workshops PLEASE!! (And the fellas really liked that piece when I read it... A LOT. Hmm.)

LOL!

1 comment:

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!