Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"Red, White, and Green"

Hot like fire
A cinnamon sweet fire on my tongue.
Burning my hand.
Burning my land.
Burning my mind with anger.

Vulminous clouds
As far as the eye can see
Snowy, cottony
Cool in my hand
Cooling my land.
Last things I see
Or even I remember
Before I faint and my mind fades to darkness.

Envious and snarling
As I lay here on the grass
The feelings that shroud and engulf me as you walk by with her.
Fresh on my hand
Fresh in my land
Letting me know that spring is here
A time for renewal
And starting over.

From August 2010 Women of Color Writing Workshop. Writing prompt: Pick three colors and use them in a poem or story. I was trying to do red white and blue but that didn't work out. I'm sure those colors I used are some country's flag colors, which would take the ish to some whole other level, lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!