Friday, October 01, 2010

Friday Freestyles

TGIF!!

*double backflips*

And to top it off, today is payday!




Hallelu--yer!

LOL.

It would be nice to go off and spend the whole check, but I think I'm sticking to a stringent budget for the rest of the year. I'm doing well in meeting my savings goals, and I need to keep moving full speed ahead with that.

Alas... no balling.

I've had a pretty good week. I've been quite productive at work, the boss ain't been mentally busting me upside the head... a good week overall. And I hope my day ends nicely.

I'm finding that I have to do my Farmer's Market shopping of Thursday evenings. I've peeped them out: they're getting ready for the weekend crowds (when it's butt-to-butt deep in people up in there, like a club), so organic produce is cheaper. And it's much quieter, a better shopping experience... So that will be the new order of the day, man.

Serenity and I are reading the book of Isaiah for the month of October. There was a bit of squabbling over this, as she likes to ask questions. ("How many chapters a day should we do, Lee?", etc.) I was not in the mood. Just come up with something! DANG!

I think I hurt her feelings... Woo, woo, woo Oldgirl. LOL. You grown. You'll be alright.

So we started that today. Deeply disturbing. There was something there about the judgmental nature of so-called "religious" people.

*crickets*

Moving right along.

Not much on my docket for the weekend. I may go harrass my sweet Grandmother. My writing workshop leader Dawn wants me to start her on a new crochet project.

Holler at me, Dawn!!! Let me know what time you want me to come over, Ma!

I'm going to church, either tonight or on Sunday. Haven't decided. I like going on Friday nights. You got the chilled out crew there then, not the big crowds. And I like my assistant ministers. So we will see.

I had a prayer answered this week that I've been praying about all year long. Let me correct that.... I pray one good time about something, and then I thank God in advance for the answer. Period. None of that whining and praying over and over about it. Give thanks. Til it happens. And it did. And I'm grateful for that. Very much so.

And this happens. In the midst of all that is going on. Let's just say... Man, you find out what people think of you these days. It's a bit alarming. And it's like, some ol' indirect craziness. A lot of folks don't know I attend one of those awful megachurches. I've heard some tongue lashing like none other. People make the strangest assumptions. WOW. Nice to sit back and listen.

Those same folks think very highly of me.

And yet, in spite of all that, all that judgment, a prayer was answered. Shoot, I have a VERY high incidence of answered prayer. Hmm.

I'm glad God don't look down on me.

That would be a, I don't know... a problem. Hmm.

Anyway, all is good. 75% of my year is over. 25% is left. I think I'll set a few goals for the rest of the year, just to close the year out on a good note. So this weekend, I'll make out a goals list, and post it on the wall or on my bathroom mirror. See what I can get done by the end of the year.

I'm LOVING this cooler weather. Might be a good time to grab one of the "locals" and clean out my garage. (I've been given grief about this from one of the locals, lol ... my garage is not crazy. Just need to organize and throw out a few things that I don't use.)

With that said, I'm outtie. Going to work early. And today is me and Cowgirl Cre's Doughnut day. Every payday, we have doughnuts from Sublime Donuts, a gourmet doughnut shop that's the best in the ATL, owned by a brother, Kamal. I think I'll have one today. So I'm on my way to get us a couple...

I hipped LadyTee to this place. She called me and was like "Girl..."

"I told you, LadyTee. That brutha makes some insane doughnuts! Voted best in the ATL!"

"It's like CRACK, man!" LadyTee screamed.

Alas, why I only run up in there on Payday. We like the orange dream star, which reminds us of the old push up orange sherbert popsicles, and the caramel apple fritter. There's also a powdered strawberry stuffed doughnut.

Stuffed with REAL strawberries. Several strawberries, cut in half and stuffed inside.

You know how I feel about my fruit.

Let. Me. Stop.

LadyTee loves black businesses... she's gonna support him. But at the same time, she's glad she doesn't work nearby. She'd be in there everyday. I'm not a big sweets person. But I'm glad it is in the opposite direction of my job!

I'm choosing only one today. There was much discussion about this amongst me and The Cowgirl Cre. I think we've made our decisions.

Song of the Week. You know I like my remixes. Here's a nice one I rarely here, but a group of the 90s, After 7...



Alright, enough of my free streaming thoughts. And as you can see, they are all over the place, on a plethora of things...

Listen... Ya'll have a great weekend... on purpose.

5 comments:

  1. Great song! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I attend the farmers market but for some reason it's always after I've already bought my grocery for the week. Sounds good.

    Yeah I use to think Fridays were the best especially when I was getting paid via direct deposit every week. My weekend started on Thursday and ended somewhere between Sunday and Monday.

    The Bishop Eddie Long thing is a mess and I've "twittered" my thoughts on that. It's sad because people's faith is at stake. But anywho, Enjoy your Friday.

    Sincerely,

    Go

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally a song I know!

    You got me wanting to try that donut place when I'm in town. You know it's good if you have to have a discussion on which flavor to get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chele... You have a good weekend too!

    Sincerely Go... I'm the other way around. I rarely go to the regular grocery store.

    Folks faith will be alright, as long as it's in God. I have to remember that.

    You have a great weekend too!

    @Southern Black Gal... Okay, I'ma have to make sure to choose MUCH older songs!!

    You are NOT allowed to go to that doughnut place. The owner is a cutie. You may not want to leave.

    And I had a caramel apple fritter from there today. My biweekly guilty pleasure left me needing a nap... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:55:00 PM

    AMEN like the old folks say...if you keep prayin over and over it's like you don't believe GOD is gonna do it......

    Grandma use to say "baby he heard you the 1st time"...lol


    dee in san diego

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!