Monday, October 04, 2010

Monday!

Monday Morning rolls around like clockwork.

And here we are.

The current temperature in the ATL is 47 degrees.

The high for today will be around 70 degrees.

I'm loving the balmy October temperatures. But the morning temperatures are a bit cool. And it's not getting light outside until after the seven, which has recked my walking routine. Ugh. I'm in the midst of figuring something out.

Or maybe I'm just being hardheaded.

My weekend. I had a great weekend. No rush to run errands or anything. The most dramatic thing I had to do was go to work and put up some frozen fish that I was letting defrost in the sink. (And it was still frozen. Hope it's thawed today).

But it was the WRONG time to go downtown. First of all, this was the final weekend of the baseball season. Folk have barely gone to games all year, but everyone and their Mama was down there this weekend. I live within earshot of the baseball field, and it was hard to get out of my neighborhood. I took a few backstreets, but looks like every body knows the backstreets now.

Then, BET was in town filming the Hip Hop Awards. They had Midtown blocked off like President Obama was coming through. LOL!

After making it to work, I drove out to my writing workshop Dawn's house on the westside.

2 hour commute total. YIKES.

I put less than 5000 miles a year on my car. Let's just say, that 2 hours... that was a long time being in the car for me!

But once I got to Dawn's, all was good. She wanted to learn how to make granny squares for a new crochet project. We spent several hours on that. It worked out well. I think she will be able to make some good squares....

I like going to Dawn's. And we were in the room where she does her massages. I dabbled in her collection of massage oils. I was smelling like lavendar, sandalwood, avocadoes....

Man, I was smelling good! LOL.

*Dawn rolls eyes at all my glee*

Sunday, I woke up early and went to church. Had a fine time, learned a few good things. Then I went to the local black people's Wal-mart, which was a little calmer than expected for a Sundary afternoon. I came home and took a 2 hour nap that just threw me all off, i.e., didn't get much done around the house, and ended up going to sleep around 2 in the morning. UGH.

So now we are here.

Hello Monday. I may have the gas face this morning, but I am happy to see you.

For I am thankful to see another day, no matter if it's the most dreaded day of the week.

This is another day, another day to get it right...

Another day to do something good for myself and those around me...

With that...

You have a great Monday. On purpose.

5 comments:

  1. 5K miles? I WISH! If I can keep this first year with the Altima between 12-15K, I'll be psyched. LOL!

    I am having a great Monday so far. Great post!

    :::shudders with FB and Twitter withdrawals:::

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:47:00 PM

    I'm a little under the weather, and my nerves are a bit edgy but I'm claiming a great Monday as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @MsMarilile... girl, I live less than 5 miles from work. Most of my car time is running around time, hence 5K a year.

    I was thinking of buying another little beater to keep in the garage just in case I need it. Or buy that doggone Lexus I want so badly (that will never get driven).

    Miss you on Twitter, because u are funny! It is such a time theif though... I usually go on Facebook these days only for me and Cowgirl Cre's female bonding activity---> MAFIA WARS! LOL.

    @Ninamm... A little under the weather, nerves shot, have a good Monday ANYWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Green Eyed Bandit8:35:00 PM

    Is it too late to say good morning? I am glad I had a chance to see today. If God is willing, I will see tomorrow to get it right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just there for the RAWSistaz Affair at Buckhead. I loved the weather there. Wish I could have met you.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!