Monday, October 25, 2010

Good Rainy Monday Morning

I tell you, there's nothing like laying in bed listening to the horn of the morning train, and the sound of the morning rain.

And then there's that sad realization of "It's Monday Morning, and I gotta drive in this mess."

With all the other ATL drivers. And we can't drive in the rain. Sigh.

And that's okay. Just gotta be extra extra careful.

Hmm... maybe I'll stay off that freeway, and take some back roads to work...

Anyway, the current temperature in the rainy ATL is 65 degrees.

Nice and cool indeed.

Sorry I haven't been posting much. My laptop is acting janky, and I've been busy. I was left in charge a couple of days last week (not sure why, as I don't get off on being left in charge. The management people ain't the sharpest tools in the shed, you know). Plus I was sick one day. (Thought it was the end of the world!) Wasn't in the mood to get my blogging done, or any of my other writing done. Hard sigh.

My weekend. It was a good one. I deem this a family weekend, which is rare for me. I saw TWO members of my family this weekend, well three really. Friday night after work I stopped by my grandmother's house to drop off her new debit card. I hung out for a good half hour and watched television with her and my uncle. I wish I could've stayed longer but I was bone tired and I came on home.

Saturday, my sister Kentucky came over. We'd planned earlier in the week to go bowling, but I was wailing hard about Aunt Flo, and almost didn't go. I took a chance and went, and we ended up having a great time. Of course, I being the big sister, beat my sister three games in a row.



That's one of my scores. I got a score of 115 on another game which is GREAT for me.

We left there and went to an old Pizza joint one neighborhood over. I didn't know the place was still there. I took my siblings there when they were kids, when I was in Grad school and rented a place over that way.

I had a couple of slices of pizza: a slice of spinach and mushroom, and a slice of broccoli and tomato...




That's how I like my broccoli on my pizza - barely cooked. Very good place. The only thing I'd like better is if they offered a whole wheat crust. (Not big on white bread these days, man.)

We had some doughnuts from Sublime (My sister left hers at my house... those doughnuts are either going in the trash or being taken expediently to work, lol).

A carby day indeed, man, lol... That's why we took a little time to walk around the neighborhood track at dusk. I love the ATL skyline around this time, when the lights in the building are on.



(It was getting dark and I live in the hood... This means, snap that picture and let's get the heck out of dodge!)

We returned to my place and watched a few episodes of the Boondocks that I'd rented.

It was really good to see her. I have only seen her a three or four times in the last 4 to 5 months, and I miss her terribly. I am adjusting to living alone, even though I thought I never would. I'm beginning to envision my plans for the upstairs portion of my house, and I plan on spending the holidays doing some much needed painting and furnishing up there.

Sunday was a lazy day. My pastor had been robocalling the cheese outta folks telling us it was very important to come to church. Uh, no pastor. When you do that, that means everybody and their mama was gonna be there. So I caught the internet stream. Yes, it was a terribly improtant message, confirming some things I'd been thinking on all year, really. So I was thankful for that.

I managed to get a little writing done also. My major problem is that I spend more time thinking about what I want to write rather than writing. I need to correct that somehow. National Novel Writing month is coming up in November so I plan to finish off this current manuscript during that time.

So that's it for me. It's 8 in the morning right now and still dark outside. NOT a good look, man.

I don't have many plans for the week. Me and my writing workshop leader have planned a field trip this evening to the farmers market. I'm off on Tuesday for a doctor's appointment. (Management still hasn't approved that. Don't let an Oldgirl have to call in sick!) But as for the rest of the week, I'll be a little worker bee. There's a singles conference at church the latter part of the week that will go more into detail over Sunday's sermon, so I may get nosy enough to go check that out.

But that's it for me... I don't really have a quote of the week. Well yes I do.

"The secret to your success is in your daily routine."

I'm having to remind myself that what I do consistently is what matters and what builds me up and propels me towards my goals.

Yeah. Easier said than done.

Song of the week? Well, one that's in my IPOD... a bit too sad for me, but definitely good for the context for which it was written ("If trouble were money" by Mint condition (Jason's Lyric Soundtrack).



That's for MsMarilie... one of her FAVORITE groups, lol.

Well, ya'll another week is upon us.

Y'all have a great week. No, ya'll MAKE it a great week... on purpose.

5 comments:

  1. Aww - didn't know you got sick last week. I'm glad you're feeling better. That pizza looks good. Now I could definitely eat at that bowling alley - I hate the burnt mini broccoli they put on most pizza...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew what song it was, soon as you said "Jason's Lyric Soundtrack." I can't see the video here 'cause we're still on IE 6... :::crickets chirping:::

    Thanks for the shout out. :)

    That pizza looks yummy, and I'm glad you're feeling better as well.

    What's Oscar-Tyrone up to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @tazzee... Man, I was PMSing AND I ate something crazy. I was sitting at work looking crazy AND I couldn't go home cuz I was in charge. Not a good combo, because my answer to everything was a hard hissy "I don't give a dayum!" Next time I'll just sneak out a back door and go home.

    And noooo that pizza wasn't from the bowling alley. They only have greasy stuff. That's from a pizza place down in Grant Park...

    @MsMarille... I thought you would like that. Anytime I hear Mint conditon, I think or you, you super Stan fan, lol...

    Oscar-T is being a jerk. He's all needy right now, always wanting to be rubbed. He needs to go somewhere and entertain himself. I'ma send him up there with your cat Bogey. He needs a friend! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Green Eyed Bandit8:58:00 PM

    That rain was no joke. I saw a funnel cloud developing in the sky. I am glad you spent some time with Kentucky. You are such a good big sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can trade cats. Bogey never watns to be rubbed. Every now and again. I love a lap cat that likes attention. I'll drive down to ATL and we'll make the swap. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!