Tuesday, January 11, 2011

ANOTHER Snow Day!!!!!

HARK!

Man!

I tell you!

I cannot BELIEVE this!

Wow!!!

ANOTHER SNOW DAY!!!

Another African American Holiday!!

A free day off, due to the Great Atlanta Ice Out!! Snow Jam 2011

I was so happy that I jumped out of bed and did the "Smang it" Dance. Real hard, and with much fervor!



*lee clasping hands and moving hips real hard*

Turquoise jeep tummy scratch music for ya!

LOL!!

(That cheesy video is dedicated to my blog sista Southern Black Gal. She loves ridiculousness like that. And most likely, those guys in the video are some kin to her. Love your fams, girl! Love 'em!).

I knew we were off from work when, at 4 in the morning, the weatherman was saying "If you don't have to leave the house, then DON'T. You don't want none of this!!"

You got that right, baby!

LadyLee don't want NONE of that!

I remember when I was 19 years old, my '84 Cougar got stuck on some ice. The police had to stop traffic on the freeway just so I could get myself together.

And now, some 21 years later...

LadyLee STILL don't want NONE of that!!!

I had a pretty quiet snow day yesterday. Didn't do much of NOTHING! I played around on twitter most of the day. Did a little reading. There was much of nothing on TV.

The most important thing I did was get some writing done. I try to catch Southern Black when she has a school paper due, and race against her. I usually do well with that.

So yesterday, I got 2 hours worth of writing done -

2113 words

I finished a particularly difficult chapter in my story.

I have 2 more chapters to go!!!

I should be able to finish one of those chapters today.

Hopefully we get another snow day. Dare I say that I finish my whole story!?

HARK!

That would be GRAND!

LOL

So... stay tuned tomorrow for snow pictures of my house...

Have a great Tuesday!!

6 comments:

  1. The image in my head of you doing the "smang dance"...gives me Paris in Spring...Bwaahahahah!

    The kids & I's "snow dance" did not do anything. Here I am at work and there the snow is outside. UGH.

    Ryann & I both agreed that we would NOT be sad if we never saw snow again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still jealous. We have cold clouds in the desert today but no snow. I guess I'll just be thankful to be off Monday. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter had a two-hour delay ... just sleeting in Va Beach. Ho-Hum.

    Hey! Congrats on the progress with your story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so mad you are dancing and calling this a black holiday. I have to admit, i can't recall seeing any white people in ATL..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a whole lot to say until I pressed play on the video lol. **Mouth still wide open lol**

    ReplyDelete
  6. You wrong for that video! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!