Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Tuesday Morning Special

Wassup Boys and Girls...

It's me, your Friendly Neighborhood Oldgirl LadyLee

Man...

I haven't felt like posting.

Not that I don't have much to say. My posts are all jumbled in my head. It would do me good to post twice a day right now.

I just got so MUCH stuff going on.... on a mental tip, that is.

Nothing bad, of course.

Our church fast started today. And it's hard for me, since I've been transitioning out to vegetarian. Ugh, gotta make sure I do something different I suppose. We're under Daniel Fast rules, and it don't bother me one bit to eat vegetables, fruit and water. I'm down for that. I like cheese and ice cream, so I'm cutting that out. Also, I'm ditching sweets. Let's see, what else...

Serenity and I started a new workbook, entitled He Speaks to Me: preparing to Hear from God. Serenity picks workbooks that have me like O_O at times. This is a good one, though. A bit brutal. (Had me hollering "Lawd, I'm so frickin' trifling!"), but January is a good personal examination time and well... a good workbook definitely forces it.

I've had MUCH fun this week on Twitter with some twitta sistas... They wanted a look at some of my writing. I sent out a first chapter teaser. Do you know these broads BARRELED through 35 chapters in a matter of a day or two? Amazes me when people read that fast. I read slow like Celie, when Nettie was first teaching her how to read. Yeah, THAT slow!

This story is one that I'm particulary proud of, and how it's crafted. It's also a story where I wrote some chapters out of order. Like, I'm working on chapter 37, and I wrote part of it a year ago. I think I may practice that more in the future.

It made me feel real good for the young ladies to spend time reading my words, and getting totally caught up and to make a couple of them cry. I really like to throw the reader into emotional turmoil!!! I got a long way to go on that, but with more practice, I will most certainly get there!

I plan this month to sit down and think about my goals. I've already thought about them, it's just that they are up in my head. I definitely will blog about my writing goals, vegetarian goals, loosely about my financial goals, etc. I think it's important to write them down, get them on paper. Holds me a bit accountable.

That's all I got ta say today!

Here's a quote I came across on Twitter, from a brother name Consciousskillz:

"The removal of objects that stand in front of us begins with the removal of the doubts and negative perceptions that reside within us."

Yeah that's deep.

Let that marinate. I'll let you ponder... and wonder.

I gotta get UP! (Well, been up since 5 am, needed to get up at 4am. Oh well).

Go on into this workplace, and make it happen! Let my light shine! *church shouts*

Ya'll have a great day... on purpose...

8 comments:

  1. LOL@ reading slow.
    I read my slowest when I'm on the last chapter and I KNOW it's about to end lol.

    Alright, let me start digging lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! That quote IS deep!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Adrienne... Man, something is WRONG with ya'll. All I know you all are what I say you are: Some Alien Bishes! NO ONE reads THAT fast. You all read at LEAST 250 pages. GEEZ!!

    That quote is deep... If I can get rid of self-doubt, other things will move, and I can get ALOT done. Really!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quote is going down in my notebook. Yes maam Yes girl. I read quickly also when it is something that I am in to. Other wise it is slow going and reading the same line 15 times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Oliver ... was the victim ... of a ... sys-te-ma-tac ..."

    Systematic, Celie.

    Like that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. I read slow too. SMH. I used to read fast when I was reading more avidly. Now, I feel like I have ADD, my focus is off. I blame it on me multi-tasking like crazy lately. I am working on that.

    LOVE the quote. I was just thinking about how I am my own enemy. *sigh*


    I am interested in reading your 35 chapters if that is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quote...stealin' it...

    Cyncere One (wiping away the tears and snot) -- You ain't neva sent me nuthin' to read...Guess I'm not worthy :( LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Chele... Yeah Ma... And that's how slow I be reading, too! Not like when Celie hit her stride, but when she first started reading! LOL

    @this1woman... See. I know I wasn't the only one! Man, it better be interesting for me to read at a good clip!

    @Shai... check your email

    @Cyncere... Ninja!! You didn't ever ask. HUMPH. Send your email on twitter DM. HUMPH! lol

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!