Monday, January 24, 2011

Lazy Monday Morning...

Good Monday Morning....

Good LAZY Monday Morning that is.

I am still in bed. And this is not what I want. In order for me to do EVERYTHING I want to do in the morning, I really need to get up around 4 or 5 a.m. Instead, I'm getting up at 6:30, which leaves me with a couple of hours to myself before I start getting ready for work.

I'm not sure what to do about this, as I don't usually go to sleep until around midnight. But I need to tighten up on my schedule.

(I know you're like, why is she talking about this? Because it's at the top of my mind, man!)

I will wander... and continue to ponder. But I better keep it moving,. Because I only have about 15 minutes to write this post.

My weekend. Was NOT at all interesting. The only thing I did was run a few errands. I milled around the house for the most part. I didn't even go to work on Friday. Shame on me. (Well, I wasn't feeling the best, so uh... stayed home).

The highlight of my weekend: 3400 words written over the last 3 days. I'm on a writing kick, since I am close to finishing. I REALLY want to finish this manuscript by February 1st, put it aside for a week, then come back to it and edit it. Fun, fun, fun!

Mini Food-for-Thought. Not sure what this week will bring... but I noticed lately that my thoughts and prayers have changed concerning my day-to-day existance.

I'm starting to get away from "I, I, I, me, me, me, etc."

I'm starting to get away from the idea of everything being about ME.

Instead my prayers have morphed into, can I help someone today? Can I listen to someone today? Can I be of some encouragement to someone today? I've began to ask to be used in such a way, and being able to recognize those situations.

Because it's gotta be more to life than me focusing on "Me, me, me". Really.

These days, I'm trying to get away from this "Me" complex.... on purpose.

I'm finding it does much for my own heart.

And you wouldn't believe the talks I've been having with people. I can better appreciate it now, since I'm better at setting the course for my day.

Well, that's my 15 minute blog post. And it means that there's no quote of the week, no video of the week, none of that...

Just words.

On purpose.

Ya'll have a great week!

I'm not sure what this week holds.

5 comments:

  1. I'm claiming this week as one that will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to this week as well. I know what you mean about the "Me Syndrome". I'm doing my best to get away from it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great week, too! On purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could get up hours before it's time for work. I get up at a time that only allows me to get us ready in the morning and fix breakfast. If I try to read a few chaptes of a book, I will be late for work. lol I'm going to try that sometime this week. Maybe then I wouldn't have a thousands thoughts going on in my head while I'm driving to work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just words.

    On purpose. <----LOVE THIS!!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!