Friday, January 14, 2011

Free on Friday...

Another wonderful episode of the Oldgirl's freestyle Fridays...

Where I go straight random on you.

The current temperature is 20 degrees.

That is COLD! Hope the wind ain't blowing out of control! YIKES!

I decided not to go to work yesterday. My driveway looks like a ice rink and I was having visions of cold taking out the fence. Not a good look. Plus my job is on a hill and my secretary said it was icy from all sides...

So, I'm still feeling like this:



I ain't screaming AS hard. Just whiny and fussy, lol.

Cabin fever has not been all feverish, you see. I've been warm, had plenty of food on hand, the internet, the telephone and satellite. My power didn't go out. Now if that latter 4 things were jacked up you'd see me screeching hard up outta this house.

But that didn't happen. And I do believe this is the longest I've ever stayed in the house.

So I will venture out to work today. This should be... interesting.

I messed around and took a four and a half hour nap on Thursday. I have NO idea what that was about. But it meant that I will be up all night, and that's why I'm sitting here typing at 5 in the morning. I went to sleep around 5:30 AM, and woke up around 7:30 AM. I think I will work half a day today. (Hope I can make it that long without needing a nap!).

I decided to use this Snowcation to get some writing done. Grand total so far for the week is 6944 words! Wow! I was a writing maniac, lol!! I even managed to do blog posts all week! GLORY!!

Did anyone see Beyond Scared Straight last night on A&E? I tell you what, my WHOLE twitter timeline was watching and we were ALL scared as hell. I do believe that none of us will be going to jail anytime soon.

I feel like hearing some OLD Anita Baker this morning. Old Anita, like, from 1986, my senior year of high schooll







Yeah, that's what's hot. I think I am ready to get up and properly get ready and go to work. Yeah.

Do I have any quotes that have struck me this week. Well I've seen a lot, but this one in particular, from a workbook me and Serenity are stomping through, has been on my mind:

No matter what you think you need from God, He knows what is best for you.

Ain't that the truth!

Yes indeed.

Ya'll have a good Friday... on purpose.

4 comments:

  1. Umm.. needless to say I will NOT be mailing you a prepaid Visa card for my bail $$ b/c YES Diabla and Green Eys have OFFICIALLY scared me straight. NO shenanigans for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @MzinspiredMind81 Wasnt that the CRAZIEST ish you've EVER seen!? I mean, that JUST was tame enough to put on cable. MY GOODNESS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scared Straight had me scared straight. But if that's what it takes to turn theses teens lives around, I say do it.
    It shocked me in the end about the 17 year old, ending right back up in Juvenile Detention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched last night and watched it again tonight with my kids. Ummm they were like, is this real?!? I kept saying, yep. Me, mannn I didn't even drive over the speed limit today.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!