Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy SNOW Day!!!!

Yeah! This is a good good Monday!!!

Why!!!

Because the ATL is BURIED under 3 to 6 inches of SNOW!

You up north may ask: "Gee LadyLee, that's not much! What's the deal!?"

Whatever man!

We some ATLIENS!

Meaning we can't drive worth a dayum!!!

It means the whole city is SHUT DOWN!

It's an African American Holiday!!!!

Weatherman is on for 24 hours around the clock! That means, uh, this is serious!

I don't have the number where I can call my job to see if we have to report for work.

But Cowgirl Cre texted me and said we don't have to go to work!

GLORY!!

I woke up this morning and did the happy dance! I was feeling like this:



Yeah! I whip my hair back and forth! I whip my hair back and forth!

LOL!!

Even my sister texted me and said she was off. She ended her text with "prayer works."

I know that's right, honey!!!

Oh JOY!!!

Man... The snow came down hard last night over a 2 hour time period in downtown ATL. I remember opening the door and it being completely white outside. This is the heaviest I've seen it since the early 90s. And I think with us, it's not so much the snow, it's the ICE. And they are expecting a hard freeze.

Which means no work tomorrow either!

*lee whipping the stitch of hair she has back and forth much harder*

So of course, this means I must get some things done today.

But I'm not getting out of this bed until NOON.

Ya heard me???

I'm gonna lay here.

Watch TV.

Do some writing.

I MAY go in the kitchen and cook a little something. (Not sure about that).

I talked to LadyTee this morning. I said, "Pastor need to rest this fast. This a day off! I want me some steak and some chicken, honey!"

(Yeah right. No I don't.)

LOL... It's just the thought, man. I feel like I should get out here and crank up the grill!

That's all I have to say today. I'm going outside to take a few pictures later on this afternoon. I may take Oscar-Tyrone outside and let him run around.

*Oscar giving me the hard side eye*

So ya'll have a good Monday on purpose!

I know I will!!!

7 comments:

  1. I think that storm is heading up my way. Not looking forward to anymore of the white stuff. I'm over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That snow need to be in this desert! I'm ready to go home!!! *pouts*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous! I'm in OH...this should be OUR snow day! That's ok though,they are reporting 5-7in overnight. Guess who will NOT be at work tomorrow if that happens?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't miss that ish one bit! I lived in New Jersey until about age 12 and I still remember the madness like it was yesterday....plus I despise the cold..*shivers and walks away*

    But I am glad you were able to get a day off from it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. keep whipping your hair back and forth and you gonna hurt your neck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL@ Serenity

    that song is so stuck in my head now lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Enjoy the time off. I love when the city has to shut down because of snow or ice. It doesn't happen often in the south. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!