Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday! Freestyles!

Friday!

PAYDAY!!

*super duper cartwheels*

And an Oldgirl is sleepy. Can't think worth NOTHING. And today is payday? Shoot. They better hope I keep my mind on what I am doing today. I am RET to go home RIGHT NOW.

I got to work around 6:40 this morning, instead of my usual 10:01 AM

O_O

My head is bout to bust this cubicle desk wide open. I am doing ALL I can to stay awake.

I worked EXTRA hard from 8:30 to 11:30, did all my experiments, collected all my data
from overnight things I had going on, and now I am back at my desk. It is waaaay to quiet in the cubicle area. If they don't watch out, they gonna catch an oldgirl over here going Zzzzzzzz...

LOL

This was a good week. We celebrated her birthday at Chow Baby, and I gave her her gifts!

14 bottles of that Bougi mint water she likes so much.

(14 is not significant. That's all that I could fit in the box)

And I gave her some CASH. She opened her card and was like "Thank you". To the naked eye, it looked like a stack of bills. I told her to count it, and she realized it was all twenties. You should've seen her eyes light up when she got past that 5th 20 dollar bill... and kept going and kept going and kept going...

Cowgirl Cre said later "It couldn't be me, I woulda ran all around that restaurant!"

No, Kentucky is to much of a diva for that. But she was full of GLEEEEEEEEE!!!

LOL

I want her to remember turning age 30. She's gonna say, "My sister gave me some MONEY!"

Don't YOU wish you had a big sister like ME?!?!?

That's all I gotta say today.

By the way, I am LOVING the new beds. I actually slept upstairs one night last week, which is odd since I never hardly go up there. I love those new beds. And I put cheap sheets upstairs... Uh, I seem to like high thread count sheets, so those cheap ones are getting TOSSED.

Don't worry Ginae, I will do a post on my bed-buying experience next week, hon!

Nothing much going on this weekend. There is an Atlan.ta Writer's club meeting this weekend, so I might get nosy and go, if they have some activities of interest. I have a lot of chores to do, since I have been going home and laying straight out in that comfy bed, lol...

Video of the Week. Chaka Khan's "Clouds"

object width="420" height="345">

Me and Cowgirl Cre were in the lab dancing hard to this. You would've thought we were little, and standing in front of the TV set watching Soul Train!

You older chickens know you use to dance in front of the TV while watching Soul Train. Don't act!

I'm glad management didn't walk through. Talk about trouble!

I'd never heard that song before. I first heard it on my Slacker radio app. I was thinking, what the world? Rufus and Chaka never came out with that! LOL.

Interesting song. Haven't decided whether I like it or not. All I know is it got our blood pumping that day!

LOL

You all make sure to have a good weekend. Mine is wide open. I just hope to get a little relaxation in... ON PURPOSE, BABES.

You get it in, too!

3 comments:

  1. Yes we were dancing and trying to sing along that day!! Well I had an appt this morning and had to come in late but I will not be leaving too far behind you. You just make sure you get out of here on time. Go enjoy those beds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladylee, I remember when you posted how you were blessed by Priscilla Evans Shirer's workbook.

    I got that same workbook but never completed it. You should do a workbook with the blog familia! ;)

    Anyway, I went to see her speak at Brooklyn Tabernacle today. A-ma-zing! Seriously, she is an amazing, no other word will suffice, speaker. Her anointing was beyond well, amazing.

    She preached on Gideon in Judges 7, saying that with God our name is changed! So, we have to stop being in fear like that old person, going to the same places that old person went to! Basically, Gideon (nor we) should revert to the insecurity of Chapter 7 (our 2009, 2010, 2011). Not to take their past into our God ordained future!

    It's worth it for me type these notes up. Anyway, thanks to you because you began the trajectory for this blessed time in the Lord!

    peace and love from Joi ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Chaka. She made some great hits.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!