Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Missing You, Oldgirl...

2 years ago today, I lost a really good friend.

Indigo Nikki

Yes it has been 2 years. It doesn't feel that way. Feels like yesterday. I think about her everyday.

I was praying the other morning, and started thinking of her and I just burst into tears. A friend of mine had a friend past the other day, and she said it helped to go back and read my Nikki posts.

*ladylee bursts into tears... all over again*

Good grief. When does one get past it all?

I have a line in my personal vision statement that reads

"I am an incredible asset to my friends."

Well, she was an incredible asset to me. And what a loss she was. When she passed, I lost an asset. Someone of incredible value. Someone who never judged me. Someone who accepted me just for me.

And that is hard to find these days. When I find myself having to jump hoops with people, I get angry. I think of her. And how I wish she was here just to talk to.

She was quick to have my back. I was just as quick to have hers. No questions asked. And it is still hard for me to deal with her loss. Especially, like I said, when I gotta deal with some fool every now and then. I think of her and the asset she was. It makes me more cognizant and deeply respect of other friends in my life who are on my life path now, who are assets.

So Nikki... RIP. I miss you, Oldgirl. Our 3 years of friendship were some of the best. Thanks for being there for me, and adding to my being.

You are truly missed.

And I gotta play a song... This is what's been popping up on my IPod this week. I think she will like it. Something we can both relate to, indeed.

"TATTOO"



Love,

Lee.

(as she use to say... Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!)

4 comments:

  1. Awww beautiful ((((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still sorry for the loss you experienced and still feel.

    They say time heals all wounds, but from my own experience, I just don't know if that's always true. Maybe it just teaches you how to deal with the constant ache (or sense of loss)?

    If you figure it out before me, let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still miss her too Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking about her today. I was over at her spot, as if she would leave another "stain on the membrane" as she used to say. I miss her too. *sigh* It's almost 3 years and it still doesn't feel real.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!