Monday, August 01, 2011

Monday Morning Indeed!

Good Monday Morning...

*limping out of bed doing a half cartwheel*

Oh it is a good Monday Morning. But it is overcast in the ATL. All muggy and warm, even at 76 degrees. I could use a good breeze right about now.

A nice breeze off of an ocean.

*closing eyes and imagining myself laid out on the beach*

Goodness gracious alive. Let me stop. Back to reality. I am at work. New boss this next 60 days. Jesus be a fence. That is all.

I will focus on the known, and not the unknown. Like this weekend. Which was pretty good.

First of all, I was OFF on Friday. I was so excited on Thursday that I had lost ALL concentration. ALL. 2 hours before quitting time on Thursday I just could not think straight. I was focused on a day off to spend time with my sister!

*church shouts all inside my head*

LOL

So we were going to go shopping. I wanted to go church that morning, because I absolutely LOVE morning services. That's like, the blue collar worker/night time worker services. And it is small, maybe 100 people or so. But I woke up at 2:30 in the morning, and couldn't go back to sleep. This is what happens when I am excited about the next day, ESPECIALLY having a day off. So I slept in that morning. I would just go to Friday night services, which is more usual for me anyway.

Anyway, I drove down to my sister's place in Peachtree City, and picked her up, and we went to Charlies country cooking for their lunch buffet. That was a BIG mistake, because I had the itis, and I REALLY needed a nap. But we decided to go ahead and go on down to Newnan and do some shopping.

Newnan is about 45 minutes south of downtown ATL. I have never been down through there. Well, passing through on my way to and from New Orleans when I lived down there many years ago.

I have always had strange thoughts about Newnan. Over the past 25 years, I have had friends who have gotten caught up in mess down there. Domestic mess. Fighting in a club over some man or woman. Just some craziness.

And I got my first and only speeding ticket fooling around in that area. I think Newnan is in Coweta County or nearby. $300 speeding ticket! Lawd, that was like taking $300 and setting it afire. (Remind me to write about that someday).

Anyway, when I think of Newnan, I think of craziness!

Thangs be happening in Newnan! Newnan got a lot going on!

Yet, my sister was telling me about how she likes to go shopping in that area. They'd built it up. They had department stores and whatever else you were looking for. I find it interesting that many of the surburbs on the outskirts of the ATL have built up so much that you don't have to go into the city if you don't want to. Everything is right there where you are. And that's how it is for my sister. She can travel a good 15 minutes from her place and get everything she need.

So we made the drive down there.

She took me to a place called Charming Charlies.

It is an accessories store. I walked in there and immediately said "Serenity would pass OUT if she came in here!

What was interesting about the place is that they grouped accessories by color. Good concept. No need to look all over the store for stuff.

Here are a few pics. (Sorry for picture quality. I lost my camera and I have to use my camra phone.








One of my shopping goals was to find a purse. I saw one that I liked in the mauve accessories area.


I was not down with the color. Uh, I don't have any pink or mauve stuff. It is waaaaay too colorful for me. I asked if they had a black one, and they didn't. BUT they showed me a tan one.


And I bought that one!

I like it! It is deep and I can fit much of what I wanna get in it. But it is not good for everyday use. So I bought a black one at JCPenneys.

We must've spent 2 hours in Penneys. I needed some ideas for curtains. I have ditched putting up blinds. Just too doggone hard. I will fool with curtains instead.

Anyway, after wondering around Penneys for a couple hours, we made our way over to Target. Kentucky wanted some Miss Jessies Curly pudding stuff. After looking at the price, we were like O_O. The small container costs about $22 and the bigger one was $58. My poor sister was upset about that. I bought her the smaller container. If it don't work well for her, then she can just toss it.

Not sure why ya'lls natural hair products cost an arm an a leg. But hey, ya'll work it out. You like it, I love it.

By that time, it was time to end our shopping trip. We had a couple of more places to hit, but I wanted to go to church, and we would have to do that another day. (Which we will most definitely do!)

Church was great, and I ended up getting home around 9:30 pm. A long long day indeed. I didn't go anywhere on Saturday, just hung around the house doing chores and sleeping and reading. Sunday I did more of the same, and I made a late evening trip to the farmers market for my fruits and veggies for the week.

And here we are. Monday morning. I tell you, time know it flies, don't it?

I can't wait for next weekend to get here.

But for now, I will be thankful for today, even though it is Monday. And I am looking forward to having a fantastic week.

Tayari is in town doing some tour stops for Silver Sparrow. I talked to her on Saturday Morning. THAT was an interesting convo. Looks like she was told I was going to be somewhere where I had no idea of knowing I was suppose to be there. Uh, no. My first time hearing such. And I will leave it at that. And interesting and funny convo indeed... I had to encourage her!

Hold that mule, Tayari... you got a few more tour dates! Keep it moving!

Let's just say she will be at the Barnes and Noble in Camp Creek tonight. I plan on being there to see her! And that was the ONLY plan I made. If I am suppose to be doing otherwise, yall negroes better let me know, and don't tell stories about me being where I had NO idea I was suppose to be being just to... lure folk.

Didn't know I was that popular. Correction: I ain't that popular.

Let me SHUT UP before I get CUSSED out.

LOL

Anyway, yall have a great week! On purpose.

14 comments:

  1. Mam, I am almost positive I will pass out the minute I step in a Charming Charlies. I have heard about thsi store for years but have never stepped foot in one. But oh when i do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I looked at the pictures before I read the post. My 1st thought was "Serenity was love this place!" Then I read the post and you said the same thing.

    I am glad you posted about your adventures.

    Um, yeah. Three different people texted me for your number. I was wondering what they were up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh! I missed the book signing at B&N in Camp Creek. *Sitting on the couch crying** If only I had read this earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mall near me is getting a Charming Charlie. And lemme tell ya, I can't wait! I will lose my mind in there, I know. I love accessories.

    As for Miss Jessie's? Hmph. Overpriced. If it doesn't work out for Kentucky, suggest Shea Moisture to her. I think it works a million times better and it is waaaaay cheaper. Each item is $10.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We went in Charming Charlies yesterday. I normally don't shop there because they treated us SO badly in the one at home...

    SO glad you had a good weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im glad you and Kentucky had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our Microdermabrasion business is a non-chemical, non-invasive procedure that uses a spray of microcrystals to remove the outermost layer of dry, dead skin cells and reveal younger, healthier-looking skin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ac service 77005 become very popular and in demand all over the world. Responsibilities can vary according to their employer's requirements.The benefits are to provide Discounts on repairs, services and new equipment purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What was interesting about the place is that they grouped accessories by color. Good concept, lot of things in this shop. Air Conditioning Repair Chapel Lakes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting post and thanks for sharing. Some things in here I have not thought about before.Thanks for making such a cool post which is really very well. Magnetic Crack Detector

    ReplyDelete
  11. What was interesting about the place is that they grouped accessories by color. Air Conditioning Repair Katy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like it! It is deep and I can fit much of what I wanna get in it. But it is not good for everyday use. Air Cleaner Purifier New Orleans

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got very much impressed.I never ever met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you.You are truly a knowledgeable and very intelligent person. You wrote something that very much helps people. Really, great working you are doing.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!