Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday Afternoon Snack

I meant to write a post this morning.

But uh... that did NOT work out.

So I am on my lunch break right now, working it out.

I had a decent weekend. I did that whole shopping extravaganza. I hit EIGHT different stores. Can you believe that? 8! Saw a LOT of interesting things. Met a few interesting people. But I spent around 25 dollars total on knick-knacky items. That's about it.

I have a good idea now of what I want, and now I can buy a few things. I just needed to do some perusing around.

But that was it for my weekend. It was HOT. After a good 4 hours I was heading for home. I am not cut out for running around all day. WOW!

So the Hurricane Irene did her thing this weekend. Some folks are hot about having to evacuate. I tell you, we do get an attitude about such things. But, if some catastrophic craziness had jumped off, those will be the first people hollering and screaming about how authorities didn't take proper precautions.

I hate that people lost their lives. Just one person losing their lives is tragic. This weekend, 23 people lost their lives. So instead of whining, think about those families who lost loved ones. And be thankful you are alive.

*lee throws soapbox to the side*

Yeah, yeah, none of us like being inconvienced. But please don't get on TV wailing. Not a good look. Complain and kick rocks, but do what you gotta do to ensure your safety and the safety of others.

That is all for that.

Nick Ashford passed last week. He was 70 years old. I thought he was older than that, because he and his wife had been writing music for Motown way back in the Tammie Terrell days. That's a LONG time ago. What a fascinating life he had.

So I'd like to put up one of my favorite songs for video of the week.

"Solid as a Rock"



I like that song. It is one of their latter hits. I love it.

RIP Nick Ashford.

I think I will make this a Food-for-thought week. Much of that is, like I have said before, is for myself, where I tend to write like no one is reading. Things on my mind that I need to be able to go and read. Might be 5 posts. Might be 2 posts. Who knows. Whatever. These are things for me, and hopefully you will glean a little something from it.

With that said... Done for the today.

It's a new day. Monday. Some people didn't wake up to see this day. So just for that reason, I'm going to be glad for today... ON PURPOSE.

Amen!

Have a good week!



2 comments:

  1. Today more than ever I realize tomorrow is not promised. I had 3 people contact me about deaths. 3 different deaths a mother, grandmother and a close friend. That is right after 3 boys died from a hit and run right outside of my subdivision. One of the the boys attended my school a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((((HUGS)))))@ The Green Eyed Bandit.

    Tomorrow is NOT promised.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!