Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Wednesday Ramblings

Man, I thought this would be a month that I would post EVERY day.

NOT.

So I think I will just do some random ramblings.

- I am beginning to have problems with dairy products. If I drink milk, my head gets all stuffed up. So drinking dairy milk is a NO-NO. I can remember maybe one time in the last couple of years that I have drank milk. I prefer almond milk or brown rice milk.

It's not so bad when I eat cheese. It is bad when I eat ice cream. I had some ice cream last night and I am STUFFY. This is the pits with this high heat and humidity! UGH!! But I was rummaging in the freezer last night and came across some chocolate and some oreo gelato and I just HAD to have it! Major mistake! MAJOR.

I like ice cream made from cashews or coconut milk these days anyway, so I guess I have to switch over to that. SIGH. That stuff costs $5.99-$7.99 a pint. Super Sigh!

-The ATL is HAWT. 99 degrees. HAWT! And humid!

-We just had a fire drill. And it was caused by some fire extinguisher training outside. Do you think I left the building? NO. It is 99 degrees outside. I live 4.6 miles from here. If I leave the building, I am going HOME.

-My goal this month is to not watch much television. I'd rather read or write. I notice when the television is off, the quality of my life goes up a notch. And I don't fool around much with twitter or facebook, so I am doing good. Might as well focus on the television aspect. I don't know, it's just nice to come home and not turn on the television. I haven't watch that much television this year anyway. I want to reduce it more.

Anyway, I watched a little this morning. Well, it was moreson on while I waz getting ready for work.

Uh, why are we so interested in J. Lo and Mark Anthony's breakup issues? And the show I was watching, well, they were detailed about it.

Again, it makes me glad that I don't live my life in the spotlight.

-While we are talking about television, I was watching the Today show this morning (same show that talked of the the J.Lo stuff), and they had a segment on the growing trend of how college women are getting sugar daddies now as a way to pay their college tuitions.

And they called these young ladies "Sugar babies".

Oh... how cute is that?

Well they interviewed one chick, and she said she has made as much as $5000 in one weekend from her dealings with her TWO sugar daddies.

Hmmm...

But she was quick to say that it wasn't prostitution.

O_o...

The reporter said "Even though she does have sex with these men..."

It's just like a rose, honey. By any other name it will smell just as sweet.

And ho-ing is ho-ing. All day long. Call it what you wanna call it. It is what it is.

No judgment from me. A little cash has been left on my end table too, honey. Not quite $5000 dollars, nowhere near. My good loving ain't worth that much, I suppose. But it is what it is.

I'm just glad they didn't show her identity, and had her face blurred. You don't want folk to know you got some sugar daddy activities going on, now do you?

As an aside of the bad side of all this, the reporter mentioned an "african american female student" who took a train up to meet some man, and only made $350... The train ride home was full of regret guilt.

First of all, why they have to mention that she was african american? (the other chick was a white blonde... imagine that).

And it is more proof of LadyLee Postulate #25433: Not only the act is a problem, but the RESIDUAL effects of the act is also a problem.

Can't forget about the residue left behind in the secret spaces of our lives, can we?

Hmmmm...

That mini food-for-thought was brought to you by Your Friendly Neighborhood Oldgirl, LadyLee.

- I feel pretty good today, because I went to sleep pretty early last night (11:00 pm. That is early for me.) But Tuesday morning, I was feeling like this:





That is that Original Oldcat Oscar-Tyrone, looking more surly than usual. I was feeling like that because I didn't get to sleep til' later. I didn't get home until about 11:30 or round-a-bouts.

I don't usually be out in the streets that late on a worknight, especially a Monday night...

... but I was hanging with one of my favorite Chickens:


Celie, aka, Tayari...


Hmmm.... What's that there in the glass, Oldgirl?

You looking a bit lushy there!

I've been on her about drinking her water... uh, that ain't water, Celie!

LOL...

Stay tuned for that post.

8 comments:

  1. This is the year that I had to give up on dairy. I was reacting badly to it. Same with soy milk. Now it's only almond milk for me. And you can find ice cream now with almond milk. Now if I can only convince Ben & Jerry to make an almond milk version of the Red Velvet Cake ice cream...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @toni... Maaaaaan, my head and sinuses been jacked up ALL day long. I am tired of all this mucus! Lawd!!

    I found a chocolate almond ice cream that I like. Not fond of the vanilla flavor. I like coconut milk ice cream. And there is a good cashew/almond ice cream that I found that I like. But the stuff is expensive. I make a pint last a LONG time!

    I don't care for soy milk. The vanilla almond milk is ADDICTIVE. But it helps that I don't drink milk straight out the glass. I add it to oatmeal, stuff like that.

    Ben and Jerry is NOT gonna make red velvet cake ice cream. Stop DREAMING!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been having the telly off as well. My head is so much clearer without all of that noise. I'd love to get to the point where I don't watch it at all or at the least, make it a habit of cutting it off 4 days out of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm feeling you on the tv thing. If I don't turn it on, I'm good. Life is good. I get a lot of reading done, housework, whatever ... but if I turn it on ... I'm done. I hate television. I love movies though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After I got tired of constantly seeing a Time Warner bill for $100 (just for cable/internet)I cut my cable off two months ago. I'll say it was one of the better decisions I've made this year. FB/Twitter, I'm not on nearly as much as I used too, I don't really have much to say anymore to the masses. Those of yall that I harass..*ahem* talk to on the daily, I still talk too. LOL

    I just read an article about the "Sugar Babies". I just..there are somethings I will NEVER understand.

    "Can't forget about the residue left behind in the secret spaces of our lives, can we?" <--- *whew* That residue can and will sneak infiltrate the part of our lives that everyone sees if we don't handle it and handle it well. I'm still working on some of my residue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why Tayari looking like she is chilling in the juke joint?? LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why didn't I think of getting my tuition paid back when I was in college? hmph... Is it too late for a sugar daddy? LMAO

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!