Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday... Finally!!!

It is Friday!

FINALLY!!

I am so glad.

I feel like I've been walking in quicksand ALL week long.

Because I have a cold. Trying to beat it. Trying my bestest.

Ugh.

I feel pretty good this morning. My head is not as stopped up as it has been all week, and I still have a cough, but my chest isn't all congested. It would do me well if I can take off, and I did that on Tuesday, but that's not the case now. So it takes me a little longer to get better.

So, needless to say, I am looking forward to the weekend. I MAY have to work a few hours this weekend.

I have had a very strange appetite, probably due to the cold. I don't want anything to eat, and it seems like salads have had to do for the week. I am surprised that I was a little snacky yesterday, so I must be getting better. However, I made something interesting last night with these noodles.




My coworker, Dr. Light Eyes, as I have called her here in the past, was gushing over them the other day. She works in the adjoining building, and we talk about vegetarian stuff from time to time when we see each other. I was standing there thinking "What the heck is she talking about?", but I listened intently to what she had to say.

"Girl, I had these noodles called Shiraki, Shitaki, something like that. I sauteed some vegetables, and added some teriaki sauce, and girl, I tell you, it was soooooo good. OH it was good. And the noodles are only 20 calories per serving... Oh it was so good!"

*crickets*



Dr. Light eyes was a little tooooooo happy about these special noodles.

I was standing there thinking, uh ok. I think I will try some of that.

"Where you see that at?"

"The noodles, they over there by the tofu, at Publix. And they are only."

I wasn't going to Publix anytime soon. But I did go to Whole Foods last night, and there they were. They were only $1.80 per pack. I bought a pack of the spaghetti noodles and the flat ribbon noodles. They are tofu based, so they were packed in a lot of water.

So I sauteed some veggies: onion, red bell peppers, green bell peppers, carrots, celery, mushrooms, zuchinni, yellow summer squash and broccoli.



(Don't worry. I cut up veggies in less than 5 minutes flat).


I added my noodles, and voila! I had a stirfry!


And it was... good.


I had to make sure it was seasoned up. The noodles taste kinda strange alone, as they are rubbery and slick. Just better make sure they got a lot of stuff on them and everything is seasoned up.


*lee adding more shirachi sause... adding a little more*


LOL!!


I will definitely be buying more of them. They are a great alternative to pasta.


Story Week. Hey now, listen. Thanks for coming through for storyweek! These were actually character sketches, not the full story. I'm prepping for writing part II of the whole Pop City Blues series, and these people - Cinnamon Sugar, Commander Bivins, and Touch- are people who will be more prominent in part II, I suppose. So I was just trying to get a snapshot of who they are and what they are thinking at the moment.


I work with an arm of the military. So I actually work with Commander Bivins... hmm.... She has read that part and she approves, lol.


Anyway, I've gotten a TON of writing done this year. Some 35,000 words, give or take a few. That's a lot. I just finished up a prequel to Sweet Heat, for those who read that some time ago. The whole Craig and Danielle story. So I am editing that up, and trying to figure out what I need to do with that. And right now I am working on a set of stories for someone's birthday. It's a surprise, and that will be finished by the end of March.


The goal is to write 500 words per day. I average about 750 words per day, with most days writing some 900 words. This week, I had a day where I wrote 2280 words. I just want to develop a persistent and consistent writing habit. That's all.


If you commented on any post this week for story week, including this one, you are entered into a drawing for a tin of cookies! *cartwheels*. So make sure you comment. The more you comment, the more chances of winning.


And yes, I had a few email comments. They count too!


Drawing on Monday!


Well tonight, I have a Women of Colors Writing group. I hope to get some good material out of that.


I hope to have a good weekend.


Correct that: I will have a good weekend.


On purpose.


You be sure to do the same. :)

15 comments:

  1. I so admire how focused you are. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I'm stealing this stir fry recipe and making it tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ize proud of you Lee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should all get something for getting through that Fort Knox of anti spam stuff ! Pass the cookies across the cubicle. Thanx
    Im done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *throws stapler and roll of tape across cubicle at the Cowgirl Cre and busting her upside the head*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lee, don't throw nothing at Cowgirl Cre!
    I was gonna do the EXACT same thing!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. See what I mean?!!!
    Y'all have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to try those. I'm going on a hunt this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Ali and Cre... YALL SOME BUSTERS. THAT IS ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. shirachi sauce <------- THIS STUFF WILL MAKE YOU SPIT FIREEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shiraki, Shitaki, Shirachi & Shirataki I can't keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am an avid book reader and looking forward to the finished product. Where can I get a copy of Sweet Heat?

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Mama Adrienne... Me and Uncle Tony thoroughly understand shirachi sauce. You and my siblings are some busters. (And u can tell them that your eldest child said that). That is all.

    @Remnants... *Drawing u a chart so u can keep up*

    @fromnytoga... Email me, ya late Lucy.

    Oldgirl_1@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!