Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday Ramblings

Happy Good Fine Beautimous Monday Morning To Ya!

(note: it is now the afternoon. sigh)

Happy New Day to ya!

It's a NEW day! Out with the old! In with the new!

A new week!

And I get paid on Friday. *backflips*

And here's the New Day breakfast for 2/27/12



Grapefruit and Strawberries. That's what an Oldgirl eats when she is being too lazy to make some oatmeal or being too lazy to break out a skillet and fry up an egg and a piece of soy sausage.
LOL

I had a decent weekend. And you are not going to BELIEVE what I did Saturday.

I worked this Saturday.

ALL day.

NINE hours.

Wow.

You know me. I REFUSE to work on a weekend. Every since I worked 12 hours and they wanted to only wanted to give me credit for 8 hours, some years ago... well, you ain't seent the Oldgirl up at the workplace on the weekend unless I left something and had to come get it.

But I'd been a little left of center all last week with this cold. Just miserable, and just slow working. I didn't sleep but an hour on Friday night, and I got on up around 6:30 and got dressed and left on up out and came to work.

Man, there is NOBODY on I-75/85 that early in the morning. WOW!

But it was a good workday. Absolutely NO distractions. It's like I get twice as much done. So I just sucked it up, and went to work. It was a beautiful day outside, but hey, there will be other nice days.

The thing is, I needed to catch up. This cold got me more behind than usual.

The good thing is that the cold is over. And I am glad of that. My colds are like the flu, and that's a bit distracting. EVERY joint in my body has been hurting for several days. I thought I was going to have to break a branch off a tree and use it as a cane! Sheesh.



I actually started feeling better on Saturday.

But on Sunday? I felt great on Sunday. I almost broke out and tried to do a few **cartwheels**!

Friday night was interesting. I had a Women of Color Writing Workshop. Met a new writer, and that was really cool. We seem to have the same attitude towards our writing craft (working on honing our skills, etc), so that was good to know. She wrote the best line of the night in one of her stories... She gave me permission to repost it.

"Elevated voices, circular reasonings, and sweaty nights confused our four year relationship."

I think that one line encompasses any turbulent relationship... definitely one that will eventually go bust.

Hmm... I just thought that was exquisite.

Look for me to post up some stories. I got one especially for you, Chele!

*Chele spits her coffee all over her keyboard*

*Lee handing Chele the phone so she can call up the IT department*

LOL!

Picture of the Week. So, Play Mama sent me a picture of Uncle Tony...

That is his tribute to Whitney Houston.

O_o

Took me a minute to figure out what movie that was from!

Uncle Tony! You know what?

!!!!

You look like you either trying to look all hard (in your good Sunday church shirt), or you bout to bust out and sang "And IIIII will always love yooooooou!!!"

You make me wanna watch The Bodyguard... again for the umpteenth time this month!

Story Week Winner. Alright! We have a winner!

Lady Lifetime bounced into the lab, all happy and joyful, and I thrust my bag of names at her and she pulled the names! We pulled some alternatives.




If you're number 1? You're a winner!

Chele! Cookies for you, gal!

*cartwheels*

If Chele don't want her cookies, then it's fromny2ga, and if she don't want them, then it's my cubicle mate, The CowgirlCre!

So get at me Chele!

Holler at your girl!

That's it for me!

I hope you all have a great week... on purpose.

7 comments:

  1. NINE Hours?!!! WOW!!!

    I'm still laughing at Uncle Tony!!! BWAHHAAHAA!!

    Oh well I lost the cookies. I KNOW Chele is gonna LOVE them!!

    We kicking our week off in good fashion!! Happy workers we are!! I'm glad you beat that cold and are feeling much better. No cartwheels down the hall now!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cre can't win.
    That paper is supposed to say MAMA.
    That's ok, when I come over I'mma watch you make me some cookies in your kitchen lol

    Man, Tony is a NUT. You already know this lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @CowgirlCre... man... 9 hours. Sigh. Didn't feel like it. It was VERY quiet around here. VERY. So it went by super fast. I was all tuckered out by the time I got home. All i could do is lay down. Sigh.

    But it was a productive workday. Met all my goals for the day. You can't beat that.

    Cold is gone. Now you don't have to be walking down the hall and hear me blowing my nose in the cubicle area. No more bullhorn noises! LOL

    @Mama Adrienne...Sorry you didn't win, Mama. *tears*

    Cre didn't win. She was an alternative. no cookies for her!

    Yes I will make cookies for you when you come over. As many as you want.

    Tony need to stop. We deal with it all in our own way. Me? I keep watching Bodyguard when it comes on. Super sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next time, Imma flood this comment section darn it! Congrats Chele!
    Lawd Tony had me dying laughing over here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If Chele don't want her cookies, I do..Ms. Ladylee please let me know my status.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I don't want my cookies????? Are you kidding me?

    And I cannot wait to read your next story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Chele! Those cookies are muy delicioso!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!