Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday, Monday...

Man oh man...

Are you as shocked as I am?

Goodness.




This goes down as one of the moments where we will be asking "Where were you when you heard about Whitney Houston's death?


I STILL remember where I was when I Marvin Gaye died. Me and LadyTee were in the backseat of my mama and step father's car, rolling down Old National Highway. Me and LadyTee bust out crying. I will NEVER forget that. And we were around 14 and 15 years old.

Ugh.


Now we add Whitney to that list. I will remember where I was.

I was out running errands. And I was in Little Cesars, getting some Crazy Bread. And they were saying someone had died. And this chick had to go sit down and call somebody. And I'm standing there thinking "She getting all emotional over Don Corneilius death? She just not hearing about it?"

And then I went back out to my car, where I had left my phone, and there were text messages saying that Whitney Houston had died.

Man. I cannot believe it. Whitney's first album came out when I was in high school! That was over 25 years ago! Man!

Of course people jump to all kinds of conclusions.

The only conclusion I jump to: thank goodness my life isn't in the spotlight. Thank goodness for that. The money and fame is great, but... you know how I am. No politics and no music fame. Please and thank you.



What a productive career she had.


Rest in peace, Whitney. You were one of the best true singers of all time. You truly were.

This has put a major damper on some good news for myself this weekend.

Here you go...






(((((BoooYaaaaaah)))))




That is all.

11 comments:

  1. The news of Whitney's death was a shock. I was really shocked when Twitter carried the news before CNN or the other news networks.

    A new car?!? You traded in the old car for the Lexus? Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer10:25:00 AM

    wow you got the car! Congrats!!

    I found myself emotional when I heard about Whitney's death, had to sit and think about why - it's not like I know her. But I guess I miss her amazing voice and had heard she was getting herself healthy again, so I had hopes she would be around the music world for a long time to come. Gone too soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU GOT A CAR!! I'm sooo happy for you...you got the LEX!!!

    I was at work on the computer watching the parades roll. The announcer cut in and said that, Whitney had passed but, it wasn't confirmed. Naturally, I googled it and the reports started rolling in on the google site.
    I'm with you Lee. I'm glad my battles are not out in the limelight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been MIA around these parts. Am I wrong for being surprised by this car?! AND A LEXUS?!?! Yes ma'am, honey!

    ::sigh:: I can't believe Nippy's dead. I really can't. It's just so... so dadgum wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:10:00 PM

    WOOO HOOOO! Congratulations Lee on getthing the car!

    RIP WHITNEY! So sad she is gone. I pray that God comforts Bobbi Kristina and the rest of Whitneys family and close friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new car :)
    RIP Whitney Houston :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. You tweeted about good news and I was so stunned about Whitney that I forgot to ask what it was...CONGRATS on the LEX!

    ReplyDelete
  8. MJ, Don, and now Whitney. It's like my childhood is slowly slipping away. I have so many memories of trying to sing a Whitney song into my hairbrush.

    Congrats on the car!You fancy, huh

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still trying to wrap my head around Whitney ...

    I'm really that happy that you got your car. You set a goal and you made that thing happen. You're my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Green Eyed Bandit8:52:00 PM

    OK, the boys have me running this week. You got the Lex!!!! Congrats! Can I ride shot gun!!! I am off this week, I might have to lift it...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing surprises me anymore. I've unfortunately come to expect these moments in my older age regardless of circumstance. All I can do is live my life to its fullest. 48 is right down the street for a lot of us, and I cannot wait... For anything. I jhst gotta enjoy what I have and DO.

    Oh, and can a brother get a ride to Sevenanda over in Lil Five Points?

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!