Friday, February 03, 2012

Friday Freestyles

Yes yes yes.

YES.

It is Friday!

And it's an extra special Friday for me. I have a 4 DAY WEEKEND coming up!

((((((BOOYAH)))))))

Oh yes. I cannot wait. This day best not go by all slooooooowwwww.

BOOOO at that! Boo!

LOL

Man, why is it that I wanted to post all week, yet I didn't? The horror! I gotta do better.

Anyway, work is strange right now. There doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to get things done. My days are going by in a flash. And yes, that is a good thing. It is better than watching the clock.

I had a good annual work performance review. Funny how they like to treat you like you don't work and like you're stupid, but alas, at the end of the year, you did well. It's like some Jedi Mind trick craziness. And you know I don't do well with psychological crap. NERP.

Guess what? My sister Kentucky won Teacher of the Year for her school! I am sooo happy for her. I told her beforehand, if she didn't win, that she was MY teacher of the year. I don't care what NOBODY say. She MY teacher of the year. But I am glad she won!

So my birthday is coming up. I will be 42 year old. Wow.

You know, I'm never ashamed to tell my age. And it baffles me when people are. I guess that is just the way it is. For me, with each year of my life, there is new growth and experiences. So I am just always happy to see another birthday. Some people didn't make it to age 2 or even 42. So it is something to be celebrated. I am proud of the age that I am.

I don't have any special plans. I think me and Kentucky will be having dinner on my birthday. Not sure where we are going. And LadyTee and I are spending the day before together. So that's cool. AND as usual, I go get my emissions and tag done. I may go get my taxes done.

"Do something you really like to do on your birthday, girl!" my cubicle mate Cowgirl Cre hollered yesterday. "You know what I would be doing on my birthday. Riding my horse!"

"I would really like to write all day. And I have a lot of editing to do. I would love that."

And I will be doing a fair amount of that. For sure.

Song of the Week. I LOVE this song.





So with that said, you have a great weekend! I know I will!

On purpose!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:52:00 PM

    yeaaa Kentucky...Happy almost birthday...Happy birth month...I'm grateful for all your thought provoking posts...all the times you caused me to think really hard abut being the "me" GOD intends me to be....
    even though Ihave never met you...you have caused me to reall disect some behaviors and thoughts and for this i'm THANKFUL....

    dEE IN SAN DIEGO

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations Kentucky! That is so wonderful! I so admire teachers. I don't have the patience to teach in a classroom or deal with some of those bad kids.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Kentucky!!!!

    It's almost your birffffffff dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:29:00 PM

    CELEBRATE YOURSELF LEE!

    CONGRATULATIONS KENTUCKY!

    ~LisaB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Kentucky! I always tell my age also. I think each year is a blessing. Two of my closest girlfriends died..one at 35 the other at 40....way too young.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!