Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pretty, Pretty!

I was out at a Hancock fabric store a couple of weeks ago, doing some research for a couple of stories I'm writing (almost finished with those. Yay!) It was an interesting experience, especially since I don't sew. I spent a whole hour in there, just walking around and taking pictures, and texting different questions to Play Mama, who sews like crazy. So I got all the information I needed, then I left and walked down the strip plaza. There was another fabric shop around the way.

I went in and found out it wasn't really a fabric store. Well they had fabric, but that made up maybe a third of the place. It was a store that sold indian garb. Whatever you see the indian ladies wear - the long wrap around silk dresses and scarfs, etc., well, they had it... And they had it ALL.

Nice place. The incense bout knocked me out when I walked in, but overall, it was nice.

And they had a wall full of scarfs. Really pretty scarfs that were made of silk and pashimini. Whatever that is.

Pretty! Pretty!

Now that's a lot coming from me. I am a tomboy. I don't usually notice such things. But I stood there in amazement staring at all the wonderful colors and designs.

And I bought 3 scarfs.

And I rememeber staring in amazement at them.

Pretty, Pretty! Really pretty, soft scarfs. I just really loved the colors. Nope, not going to wear them. I don't have anything that matches them, and I am sure they won't go with jeans.


But I've decided to start giving those as gifts. Most of my friends are girly girls and love this type of stuff. A good gift idea indeed.


I made good use of the paisley one. I put that sucker on the sofa.


Okay. I must admit, I am not LadyLee Your friendly Neighborhood decorator. Nerp. Just looking for something to do with the scarf.


The white one is with Lucy (the Lexus). It seems to match her interior just fine. Don't know what to do with the red one. I just like the color.


My Grandmother would like that scarf on the sofa very much. She tends to cover furniture with blankets and towels.


I just want something that will let me lean back into the pillows and keep the shea butter and coconut oil off my sofa cushions.


This will do for now... 'til I find an alternative.

4 comments:

  1. I got to stop by that store especially since I pass right by it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer12:28:00 PM

    you can wear those with jeans! Go for it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh those scarves are pretty. Yes, you could dress up some jeans with a scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty scarves. I have a few that I wear with jeans.

    Very nice home decor too, Doc!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!