Monday, February 04, 2013

Monday Night Special... The Superbowl and Gift Card Edition

How 'bout them Ravens??


Yes! Go Ravens!

Neither one of those teams were my team. I'm just happy to watch good football!

But that was a GOOD game. Of course, the 49ers tried to do what they always do: be down by a gazillion points in the first half and then come all the way back and win the game.

That mess don't work ALL the time, folks. It just doesn't. It is not foolproof. Nerp!

Congrats to Ray Lewis.


I know, I know. He's not the only player on the team. But the media sure made it seem like it, didn't they? But I've been watching it all very curiously and pensively.

Congratulations on your retirement, sir.

And congratulations to a man who, despite undergoing so much condemnation, does not fall into self-condemnation.

For we will judge and condemn folks in a heartbeat, just for sport.

BUT it takes a lot not to fall into self-condemnation. A LOT.
You know... there are people all around us have some issues going on that others don't know about... If everyone did know, they would be ridiculed and talked about. They are suffering silently, and under a weight of guilt and self-condemnation.

It takes a lot to not condemn yourself.  And that right there? Should be the goal.

That's all I have to say about that.

And what about that Beyonce!!

She did that, didn't she? Got all Sasha Fierce on ya'll. She showed us, didn't she?

Even with the CHEAP karaoke microphones. My goodness. Ya'll need to talk to Sade's folks and see where she got those top-of-the-line microphones for. Like Rakim said a long time ago... "The system was wack, so I HAD to scream..."

Goodness. I thought it was the $35 tube TV my sister bought for me at an estate sale. But the sound is still good on that. So it was a wack microphone or system problem!

I am not a fan of Beyonce, but the girl can sing. Good enough to be worth more than you and I are worth. And that's good enough singing.

Yes it is.

Because she's another one that folks hate on with a passion. Not sure why. She is doing something right, because she is very wealthy. Wealthy indeed.

The whole National anthem fiasco was interesting. Especially when she got up at a press conference and sang it acapella.

I wouldn't have done that. Nope. I have no tact. None at all!

I woulda said, "Yo, I'm worth $300 million dollars. Ya'll can kiss my ashy kneecaps! I'm not answering any questions!"

"Ya'll best drink this Pepsi and keep it moving!"


"Have a Pepsi and a smile... ya busters." *kicks over microphone stand and walks out of press conference*

Yes. I have no tact. Thank goodness she has good PR and advisors. She probably did the right thing.

But still... humph.

Anyway, I was on spotify.com (Have you heard of that? WHY on earth didn't any of ya'll tell me about this! WOW), and I came across an album of Beyonce's world tour instrumentals.  I am particularly fond of the instrumental of Single Ladies.




The youtube sound's not that great, but this is right up my alley. I love good instrumentals, good live ones at that! And I don't particularly care to hear her sing. (I am a fan of Destiny's Child old music, though).

I won't shell out money for a Beyonce concert. But man... I'll pay $20 to go to the band's soundcheck the day before the concert.

And I'll be like Miss Eva at the Apollo... right up front and center. Just to hear the band! (An all girl band, I think).

LOL

Anyway... it's my BIRTHDAY week! I turn 43 this week!

GLORY!!!

In celebration of such, I'm giving away a $43 gift card... to a store of your choice.

So you know how that goes. It's usually Wal-mart or Target. That's enough for some grocery. Or some gas. It will help out in some way.

Or if you're a freak, Fredricks of Hollywood.  If I can find it in the ATL area, I can get it.

If you do your drug thing, I am sorry... can't hook you up with a weed or crack gift card. Get on somewhere with that. Stand outside the Wal-mart and sell your gift card if you have to do that, man!

LOL

Anyway, comment to win, as much as you like, on any post this week.  I should have a full spread of posts this week. The drawing is next Monday, or Tuesday at the latest. My coworker Lieutennant Commander By does all my drawings, so if he is at work, we'll be drawing!

Yes! Get in on it! The last gift card giveaways were $77 and $10! Get in on it, man!

(Man. O_o.... I hope I got everyone their stuff. Ya'll know how slow i can be. You better say something if I missed you.)

That is all for today.

Stay tuned for birthday week! 



13 comments:

  1. But weed legal in some states, Doc! Why you can't get a card for that? Why, huh, why?

    Asking for a friend...

    Happy Born Day Week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so lemme get this right..its your birthday coming up and you giving away a gift? Only you would do something like that! Her so sweet......lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never expect anything for my birthday. My goal from here on out is to try to give for my birthday. I figure the card is a nice enough gift!

      Delete
  3. I've of spotify but have never been on the site. I might need to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spotify is insane. Beats Pandora and Slacker hands down.

      You know how much I love Vesta Williams, right? And how I've been trying for a good 10 years to get my hands on her debut 1986 CD (which goes for no less than $200 on ebay, IF you can fight it out with whoever and win it. No telling how much it is now since she passed).

      Well, I can listen to the whole thing on Spotify. As much as I want.

      That is all.

      Delete
  4. I've never used spotify but I can say that I surely want that giftcard! A wine store would be lovely! I hope you are enjoying your birthday week and your days off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and this wine store gift card, man. You research whether there are some here in my state and in yours. I know where a couple of wine depots are... I don't see you driving your tail down here to buy wine. LOL

      I like spotify. Found a whole jazz tribute album to Teena Marie's album. And somebody went and did a whole remix album of Jill Scott songs... O_O. You know how much I love Jill Scott. *faints right on my living room*

      Delete
  5. unityfalls12:11:00 PM

    Lol at weed and crack gift card. Have a great birthday week and day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey hon... I haven't forgotten about you. You are one of my birthday vacation projects. Haven't forgotten about you :)

      Shoot... some folk on that stuff. I'm sure they'd like a gift card for those purposes, lol.

      Delete
  6. Cool. Walmart is one of my places. Have a wonderful birthday vacation. I hope the Lieutenant pulls my name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you win, Wal-mart it is!

      I already warned the Lieutennant to have his hands lotioned and nails clean for his photos!

      So keep commenting for chances to win!

      Delete
  7. I loved Bey's performance during Halftime. Happy Happy Birthday fellow Aquarius!!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!