Thursday, February 14, 2013

"Salted Caramel"


Happy Valentines Day to you all.








"Salted Caramel"

I remember biting the caramel shoulder
Salted by the late night of passionate love.

Eyes staring into pools of chocolate
As he joins me in our journey of oneness

My breath exhales with each glistening movement,
And he catches it with a tongue of fire.

His hands caress my locks
And he gently pulls as if to ring the bell of ecstasy...

"Adios mi los," he whispers...

...I barely hear him above my screams.




From December 28, 2012 Women of Color Writers Workshop, written by "Aunt Rae Rae"

Writing prompts (5 minute writing exercise): Write a story or poem that begins with one of the following lines. 

I remember biting
I remember balloons
I remember falling
I remember learning



That was a little something for you from my writing workshop sista Aunt Rae-Rae. She writes the most amazing highly visual short pieces of fiction. She is married to the nicest Mexican fellow on the planet. Anytime I see him, I snicker. I want to tell him, "Your wife of 25 years know she be writing about you. Wooohoo! You are the MAN!"

When she read that, I leaned over and said, "Hey, can I post that on my blog." She said yes.

Aunt Rae-Rae has a way of bringing an amazing visual in a few short words, doesn't she?  She does have a good handle on description. I am hoping to amp up my description skills. Always a joy to hear her read her writing in our workshop.

Now, if you want to do a little more Valentine's day romantic reading, I usually post what I consider the best piece of prose I have ever written ("Wine and Tears" excerpt from Greyhound Blues) for Valentines day. It is about a couple of bus marshalls both of which are trying to deal with their feelings for each other.

You may also enjoy last year's Valentines Day story "Open, Stretched and Baited".  It is about a woman who wakes up in the morning to a man who makes her feel so good that she wants to write poetry... and smoke a cigarette.

I wish you all a Happy Valentines Day!

3 comments:

  1. Whew! *fanning* What a writer. If her husband still inspires spicy stuff like that, Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoyed your Valentine's Day.

    Your workshop sista has an ill pen. Loved the prose.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!