Thursday, April 18, 2013

BEAT DOWN!

Yeah...

A serious beat down occurred.

Check out this Words With Friends Game.

Look a little closer...
Yes. I beat the ultimate wordsmith, my favorite author Tayari Jones.

Yes, it is a beat down. I don't care if it's only by 3 points. It's a BEAT DOWN. Period.

And it gets interesting if I get that close in score to her and we are near the end of a game. It is like the world stops moving. I stop whatever I am doing and I concentrate hard, like I'm taking the SAT or something.

The possibility of winning against her gives me goosebumps. We talk a bunch of trash during the whole game, especially while it's close. (Your threat of putting some Shug Avery pee in my drink didn't go over well with me at all, Tayari. Humph. Gonna getcha back for that one, ma'am).

And that day I won. And while I hoop and holler and turn multiple cartwheels over this beat down, Ms. Jones is coming up with a reason why I beat her.

She was in a bad mood about something.

I stopped cheering and hollering and what not...

"Woo, woo, woo," I say. "What's wrong, Celie?"

She tells me. And you know me. I love to encourage folk. I encouraged her a bit. I know she was rolling her eyes, but heck, you know me. I ain't about to say nothing negative about anything.

"It's gonna be alright, girl," I said. "Woo, woo, woo."

But at the same time, I was saying to myself... Whatever gal... I still kicked your butt in Words with Friends.

Yes, there are a few times when I too can spell well.

Really though.

LOL

*high rockette kicks*

1 comment:

  1. Dontcha just love when you can slip up and beat Tayari !!! It definitely makes your day!!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!