Friday, March 07, 2014

Friday Freestyles


Friday!

Freestyles!

You know, I'm just happy that it's Friday. I worked all last weekend. And I am not working this weekend.

GLORY!!

Weekend work is not anything I look forward to. It is nice once I get there, though, because there are only 2 or 3 of us there and there are NO distractions. No noise, no nothing. Everybody is in their labs hustling, working hard. So I can get all I get done in 2 days in only about 1 day. That is GREAT.

But I still like my weekends to myself.

And I will have this one to myself.

The major goal this weekend? Get all gift cards. And mail them all out by Tuesday at the latest. I have had the cash on me for them all week. A couple of you chickens want a Target gift card, if I am remembering correctly. And with all the tomfoolery going on at Target, those folks won't see me even bring my debit card up in that camp. No way. Cash only. So this weekend, I am getting cards. I will email the winners when I send them out, with my slow self.

Back to this week.

This has been an interesting week. The weather has been trippy as usual.  Today was cold and rainy. Yesterday was sunny. And the dysfunctionality of it all is close to just being normal now.

As long as there is no more ice, I am GOOD.

That is all.

The temps have been in the 30s and 40s this week. Temps will be in the 70s this week. GLORY!!

I have also been trekking out to the Westside to the chiropracter 3 days this week, for the next month, for adjustments.

An Oldgirl can turn hella cartwheels right about now. Whoo-hoo!!

This has been an interesting experience. I had some x-rays, and I have a couple of issues that are being corrected. I feel better already.

So we will see how that goes down. Doesn't hurt trying something new.

Book of the Week.  Yo, you GOTTA go cop that Anybody's Daughter by Pamela-Samuels Young.

The kindle version is available on Amazon until 8 pm tonight for 0.99 cents. So you better go GIT it.  That's a 370 page book for 99 cents. What a sweet deal.

"I don't have a kindle, LadyLee," you whine and holler. That's alright. If you have a smartphone, download the Kindle app, and git ta reading.

I paid full price for the book ($3.99). Whatever. That chick coulda charged $24.99 for the book and I would still be up ON it. She know she can write some law thriller fiction. Sho nuff indeed.

Anybody's Daughter is hands down the best book I've read in the last 4 years. And she wrote the first book, Buying Time, in the series back in 2009 or 2010, I believe. And that was the best book I read back then.

Pamela does NOT play around. She is high powered. Pamela knows how to tell a story. Her books are master classes on tight seamless storytelling. And I write, so you know I know what's up. Her books are like watching a movie. She's an EXCELLENT storyteller. You won't be disappointed.

And it won this years NAACP image award. You can't beat that.

So get that... honey! 99 cents until 8 pm.

My name is LadyLee. And I approve this bootleg advertisement.

Really though.

Song of the Week. I really like this song.  "Let Me" by The Floacist



That's a good song right there.

And with that, i am OUT.

I will holler at ya'll next week.

You have a great week... On purpose.

6 comments:

  1. I met Pamela several years ago at a book conference. She is so cool. We talked about Detroit because she used to work for a news station here. I will be getting her book. I forgot what other book I have of hers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Single Ma6:36:00 AM

    Got it. I've been looking for a good book to get lost in. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just about to log into my public library system to look for some good books to download. Hope they have this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Buying Time when you recommended it. I'll have to go get this one too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am reading this book right now and I can't read it fast enough. My heart is racing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was saying on Twitter the other day that Anybody's Daughter is a booty clincher.

      Indeed.

      I didn't want to put it down, but I had to go to sleep at some time, ya know?

      Delete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!