Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wednesday Words

I have a lot going on... so I think I will just post some thoughts to get myself going again.

1. Yesterday it was a sunny 77 degrees in the ATL. Today, the temperature is dropping down into the 30s. This don't make a bit a sense. As the old folks use to say "This that Pneumonia weather."

2. My sister Kentucky and I are on the 21 day financial fast. This is day 4. We seem to be doing well. We have an appointment to talk on the phone nightly at 8:30 pm concerning our thoughts on the reading material and our answers to the questions. I'm just glad I get to have a heart-to-heart discussion with my sister every night. That makes it all worth it.

3. The chiropractor visits have gone much better than I expected. I am extremely limber. I can stand up for a VERY long time now without a hint of pain. I feel good! GLORY!

4. Since the chiropractor is a nutrition expert and a vegan, he peeked my interest. I've been reading up on raw living for the past couple of months, but I couldn't really connect all the dots concerning it. So it was suggested that I go vegan and gluten-free. This makes sense to me anyway, since I have no symptoms and my bloodwork is EXCELLENT when I am eating very clean. I would like to go 70% raw, and I have someone to discuss it with now. Everything is in place, and all of my concerns were addressed, so I just need to jump out of the ship and into the ocean and go for it.

So this is day 3, which doesn't mean much to me. Check back with me on Day 33.

Or day 333

5. I'm tripping on this Malaysia airplane falling out of the sky and disappearing into the ocean. How the heck does that happen with all this technology out here? I mean, you can spot a postage stamp on the ground from space. SURELY someone caught a glimpse of this plane going down. This has to be pure hell on the families. Man.

6. There are a few people around me who need the "/" and "-" sign put next to their name in red ink. In other words, they are divisive and they are draining me. That means they have to go. That is all.

7.Tyler Perry's new movie is coming out on Friday. I'ma need ya'll to stop hating on Tyler and go see his movie. No I'm not going to go see it. I will catch the bootleg. I just like to see folks do good.

8. Today's lunch: sesame-ginger broccoli, sauteed squash, and a big salad. I may need to find a place to take a nap... I may catch a case of the 'itis.

9. So I am sitting here listening to my spotify. And a Mia X songs come on. And I hear the following lyrics:

On the mike, think twice
This girl ain't no joke
I'll stomp your ass like a southern cockroach.


*crickets*

I don't know why that caught my attention. I was a bit disturbed that she tried to remake the iconic Salt-n-Pepa hit "I'll take your Man". The violence is a bit off-putting. But I think it's the whole cockroach thing. I remember my great-grandmother stomping cockroaches from time to time. I don't do that, as I don't care for the... crunch.

10. Work is super slow right now. I can do all I need to do in as little as 3 hours. I told my boss, "Look here, if you catch me crocheting at my desk, then don't trip. I have a deadline to meet." As usual, she rolled her eyes.

I don't think I will meet my deadline. I am only 60% done. I will need to pull some all nighters to have this blanket finished by March 22nd.

That is all for today. And there is much more. I will blog a bit more extensively on a few of the items above next week!





1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:28:00 AM

    That missing plane has me confused! I'll be flying for the 1st time alone on April 2nd and i'm scared! I hope they find that plane soon. I feel for the families ..mary

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!