Monday, March 24, 2014

Happy Monday Afternoon

Happy Monday Afternoon.

Yes, this should be "Happy Monay Morning", but I am posting quite late.

I got to it all late. Oh well. I am here now!

And once again, we've been sent home early due to fumes from some work on the roof of the building. I only worked 1.5 hours today, if that. It is a bit annoying. I talked to one of the supervisors on the way out, and he suggested that I come in at 6 in the morning. I may have to do that. 6 or 7 in the morning. Just so I can get some work done.

Oh well... that's what I call a high class problem. Very high class. Can't complain about free time off, can I? Nope!

Well, back to interesting things...

I had a great 3 day weekend. My best friend LadyTee and I spend our birthdays together.

Even though Sunday was LadyTee's birthday, we spent Friday together instead. Oh, and she really like her birthday present, the green and white blanket. Green is her favorite color.

We saw the movie Divergent.
You know me! I love some ol' sci-fi type thing. This was more dysporia than sci-fi.

And I'm always glad to see some black folk running around.

Mekhi Phifer was one of the leaders.

And Zoe Kravitz was one of the supporting characters.

Lisa Bonet and Lenny Kravitz' baby girl. She has to be in her 20s now, hunh?  I thought she was still a kid.

There were a lot of tattoos going on in that movie. My goodness.

Anyway, the movie was good. More of a Hunger Games Lite if you ask me. It was worth seeing, but I would not see it again. Good entertainment, though. A couple sequels on deck in upcoming years.

By the way, here's LadyTee's birthday card:

Nice and simple... especially since I don't have a lot of stickers right now.

And after the movie, we head down to Agave, a popular upperscale Southwestern Restaurant in Cabbagetown, an inner city enclave a couple of miles from my house.
It might now have been the best choice, as LadyTee doesn't like hot and spicy food. It turns out everything is pretty hot and spicy. Sigh.

This was NOT my fault. She was on me to think up somewhere new that she had never been before. I have my favorite places, but we have been to those. I was just trying to think up some new things to try. I have been here in the past, and it was really good.

They do indeed have the best salsa I have EVER had. And it wasn't particularly spicy.
I chose this place mainly because they had a good selection of vegetables that I could eat. I had the grilled vegetable plate.
Garlic sauteed spinich, grilled asparagus, grilled squash/zuchinni, grilled corn and mashed potatoes. Now THAT was good. That tasted like it had all come fresh off of the grill. Well worth it.

LadyTee had the same thing. She liked it too.  She is so finicky. They had a chicken dish that wasn't spicy, but she doesn't like chicken breast. Sigh.

She had a chocolate mousse/ice cream type of birthday dessert.

We had a great time as always. Hell, me and her can watch an episode of Good Times and eat at the Burger King and it's all good. That's the way it's suppose to be.

The rest of my weekend was as it has been the past couple of weekends: chiropractor visits plus errand running. I was just glad that it was a beautiful weekend. It rained a little on Sunday, and that was okay.

Right now, I have to just deal with being off from work.

And I will have to think about trying to get into work at 6 in the morning just so I can get something done. Sigh.

We'll see how that works out.

This week is going to be a food week, moreso detailing my outings over the past couple of weeks. So stay tuned for that.

And with that said, have a good weekend...

On purpose.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:58:00 PM

    Happy belated birthday ladytee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated LadyTee!

    Lee, your plate looks good. I need to get over there!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!