Thursday, March 27, 2014

Of Purses and Tazzee

So...

I opened the front door one Saturday morning and saw a box on the front porch. The postman had left it, and it was addressed to me!

And in it was the most lovely purse.




The purse was all glittery and festive. And it had the Falcon's motto emblazoned in silver glitter across the flap.

"Rise up!"

I thought to myself... gee, I'm not a big Falcon's fan, but hey, I live in the ATL, so rise up! Doggonit. This is awesome!

Anyway, I flipped the purse over and words were across the back.



Nyx 2014.

And that right there should let you know who the gift is from. It's from the Bayou Creole Chick, Ali. She has been riding in the Krewe of Nyx during the Mardi Gras season for the past couple of years.

I took the purse to work to show to my cubicle mate, The Cowgirl Cre.

"Tazzee would LOVE this purse," I hollered as I waved it around. "You know she down for some Falcons."

"She sure would," Cre agreed.

Too bad. It was mine. I placed the purse back in my carry-on bag.

And I got a text sometime later about the purse.

"Your gifts were mixed up," Ali said. "My husband mixed up the addresses"

That made perfect sense.

And it meant that me and Tazzee would have to hook up and exchange gifts!

*cartwheels*

I like ol' Tazzee. She is just so kind. Salt of the earth. Good people, she is.

Luckily it was early March, and I'd been hanging out on her side of town for my chiropractor visits.

So we met up at Fresh to Order at the popular mall out that way.

Tazzee had the salad with the calamari. And the chicken tortilla soup.


She really likes that salad with the calamari. She had that the last time we got together. It does look good! And that soup looks good too. There's a Fresh to Order a block from my job, and a lot of people like that soup too.

I had the cream of mushroom soup.

And I had the asian chicken crunch sandwich. They substituted seared tofu for the chicken.

That was very good. That's what I get when I go there. I guess I am like Tazzee: I get the same thing everytime.

Oh how that makes me long for some cream of mushroom soup. I have a raw and a vegan recipe for it, but I am too chicken to try it. I am quite sure it won't taste the same as the the creamy dairy version.

We had a good time of chit and chat and chit-chat and smiles.

And oh yeah... we swapped gifts.

Here's mine!



Isn't that nice!

Look at the back of it:



Wow. Thanks Ali.

And the Falcons fan Tazzee was pleased with hers.  I thought she was gonna get up and belt out that Falcons song.

"Falcons rise up!"

LOL

But she didn't.

I tell you, the time together at lunch was much too short. It's always good to see Tazzee. Granted I see her on Words with Friends these days, where she whoops my non-spelling behind good fashion on a daily basis. But we live in the same city, me downtown, and her out on the westside. And it was just good to see her face to face.

So Tazz, let's not let too much time go by before we get together again! Please!

2 comments:

  1. Lucky girl! LOVE the N.O. purse. Admire the Falcons bag, but I'm not a Falcons fan in the least (sorry!), so I think you ended up with the prettiest and best one. :)
    (PS: I'm going to try your apple sandwiches with peanut butter ... bet they'll be terrific!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:00:00 PM

    I'm glad y'all like the purses. Now I just have to work on getting y'all here for some mardi gras madness!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!