Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Happy Tuesday Morning....

Oh this was supposed to be a Monday morning post.  But it is not!

It's Tuesday morning.

I've been running too hard, so I haven't posted.

So first of all, congratulations to 12 Years a Slave on those Oscar wins!

It won for best picture.


It even won for best screenplay. Now that's a great accomplishment.

And Congrats Lupita!

Go girl!


Director Steve McQueen jumped for joy.


I am glad he didn't fall. That would've been awful.

I'd be jumping too if I was him, with all the hate he's been getting. His wife read a book, thought he should read it, and he liked it and decided to make it into a movie.

He's from England. He doesn't know how much us well-to-do enlightened black folks in the United States hate slave, maid and butler movie.

You better not EVER let me get hold to some money and start making movies...

Straight up Black Space Operas.

"The Aliens kidnapped Denzel? Oh my, crank up the rocket cuz we gotta go get him!"

Original Oldgirls Space Wars.  Chicken in Space. 

Parts 1 through 10.

LOL!!!

I'd have ya'll hollering "LadyLee, could you PLEASE make a slave, butler or maid movie!?"

NO!

I'm trying to go to the Zrkinskian Galaxy and take over a couple of planets.  Me and some specially trained Oldgirls. Really though.

Straight up Space Operas.

And I'd make a movie of EVERY Octavia Butler book. ALL of them. ALL.

And some black horror and supernatural. Every Tananaverie Due book would be made into a movie. All of them.

I think we all like what we like. I heard the other day that if we are going to criticize those who go after their dreams, we aren't spending enough time on our OWN dreams. Or we don't even have dreams of our own.

That is true.

And it's a reason I get so gung ho when whoever is around me has a vision.  I want to be involved. I want to encourage. Because nay-sayers are all in our midst.

I like what Lupita said in her speech. "Dreams are valid."

And they are.

So congrats to them all...

And congrats to all of us who follow our dreams. 

1 comment:

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!