Thursday, February 27, 2014

Food for Thought: A Parable of the Squares, Part II

So...

Last Friday I wrote a food for thought post on squares. I won't rehash it, so go back and read it if you want ("Food for Thought: A Parable of Squares"). It was about the mound of squares that I am making for a blanket right now. I keep them in a storage bag and a couple of yellow squares from a past project were mixed in.



I essentially said that I would throw the yellow squares out and continue on with my cream squares. It was all a parable concerning not letting your problems (yellow squares) overshadow all the accomplishments in your life (white squares).

So I was crocheting late one night, woke up the next morning, and saw THIS:


Honey, I had to look twice when I saw that. I caught a hard crook in my neck from turning my neck too hard. I hollered "What the world?"


In all my crochet greatness, I wasn't paying close attention to the squares I was grabbing from the bag. I inadvertently grabbed a yellow square.

UGH...

I told reader Lisa B. about this. She had a good hard laugh at my expense.

But she saw the Food for Thought contained within this mistake...

Take the microphone, Lisa B.

Take it to the bridge!

*Lisa B. grabs the microphone and stands tall on the front porch of The House of LadyLee*

"You know, people," Lisa B. begins softly as the House of LadyLee Mass Choir hums gently in the background. "Some things we brush aside and say we will 'tend to them later. Then we never get back to it... then it resurfaces again."

*lisa B. drops microphone and promptly leaves the porch as mass choir sings loudly*

"Brang it down a notch, sangers," Ladylee hollers. "Lisa B. preached good, I know, but calm down!"

Say that, Lisa B. There's much going on in your simple words. Makes me wanna sang loud like the choir, it does.

Much.

I will let you all ponder her words. I am still pondering. Lisa B. rarely comments, but she will blow my phone up with a good text message. We have food for thought time right there on the test messages. And it is such a blessing.

She always makes me examine myself... examine those things I talk with others about. And I am always better for it. Always.

So thanks Lisa B. Like I always say, you're my best friend in my head.

Now back to the squares. I unraveled that part of the blanket and took out the yellow square. It was only 2 hours worth of work to undo. This is a 120 hour blanket, so that is okay.

I did what I had to do to take care of that yellow sqaure (the problem).

Because it was best to take care of it right then and not wait until I was 100 hours in.

And all is well now.


I must do the same... with my own life.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:34:00 AM

    So jealous of your crochet skillz!

    This blanket is beautiful...and Lisa B can preach!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!