Friday, February 14, 2014

Friday Freestyles... The Cabin Fever Edition


I got that fever...

That cabin fever...

Fever, Fever, Fever...

I'm your friendly neighborhood Oldgirl and I got that Feeeeeeeveeeeer!!

Yes, that Cabin fever.

Well not really. I just felt like making up a song and singing about... cabin fever.

Alas, this weather catastrophy is just about over.

Our beloved ATL fared well... And Charlotte was in the news for abandoned cars this time. Funny, I didn't hear anyone criticizing them about all of that. Hmm...

Anyway, today is Friday, February 14th... And oh yes, it is Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines Day!

A flower, a pink rose, just for you.



I usually post up some story today. But not this time.

A simple pink rose will do.

Anyway, it snowed and iced and snowed some more on Wednesday and Thursday.

Here's a picture from my bedroom window on Wednesday morning:


And here's a picture from my bedroom window on Thursday morning.
It got worse before it got better, I suppose.

Look at Pam the Protege sitting out there under all that snow. Poor Pam. I thought about squeezing her into the garage with Lucy Jr., but that meant cleaning out the garage and that was not gonna happen.

Big hand clap to Pam! She passed her emissions test and she is ready for her tag! I'd only driven her 83 miles this year so I jumped in her and pushed her around the interstate for a good 100 miles to get her ready, and she passed with flying colors. GLORY!

I haven't driven Lucy Jr. since Friday. I need to push her around the interstate and get her ready to pass her emission. Hopefully I will do that on Saturday. That is when I will leave the house. I don't like to see any ice or snow on the ground before driving. I can't get out here driving with these ATLiens who drive worse in shaky weather.

The boss has been texting to let us know whether to report for duty. I know we have to be in on Friday.

"I'll take the zero, honey," will be my text reply in the morn. Yes, I will take the zero.

I wished her a Happy Valentines Day. And I threw candy and roses at her feet.

I figured that was a nice enough gesture.

So let's look at some home grown pictures of the storm.

Here's a picture of my steps leading off the porch.

How 'bout I'm not leaving the house until the porch is clear. Yes.

So what have I been doing during my days in the house?

Reading. Crocheting. Watching Netflix and Amazon Prime. Listening to music. Texting. Yacking on the phone. Doing a little writing (should be doing more). Cleaning up. Blogging (I have done multiple posts in one day!). Sleeping.. and thinking. Singing... and praying.

That's about it.

Common cabin fever activities.

My electricity stayed on. Thank goodness for that.

Listen, as long as this electricity and internet stayed on? Whatever, man. I can stay in the cabin for a very long time. 3 or 4 days is a drop in the bucket.

I think we need a Quote of the Week. This one is short, but packs a punch.

Do not confuse your net worth with your self worth

No. Don't you do it. They are two different things. And you can tell that with all these stars, who shall remain nameless, running around with all kinds of issues.

You give me a 100 million dollars and my life will be PERFECT.

No it will not. All my idiosyncracies, self esteem isshas, flaws, self worth isshas, etc... will be magnified and exposed... naked as newborn baby for all the world to see.

I just came to that conclusion from watching television. Trust in our money is an odd thing. Folks kill themselves when they suddenly lose it all. Sad but true.

And I read a book about these issues earlier this year. So that quote caught my eye when I saw it early Sunday morning in a sermon by a preacher out on the West side of town.

Simple quote. But it packs a big punch. It reminds me to have proper balance, to love myself and to grow, whether I am struggling or banked up. Indeed.

Picture(s) of the Week. Serenity_23 is up in Charlotte dealing with her own brand of cabin fever, and she texted me a picture of her baby looking out the window at the snow.


He is the picture of cabin fever. He wants to, no he longs to go out into the snow. He even has his little baseball bat in his hand. He's ready to play. He's ready to play in the snow.

And that he did. He and his big brother.



Lil' Man is high stepping, ain't he?

Serenity said he was ready to come on in. He wanted to get out of that stuff.

I know that's right, baby. I know that's right.

Sam, aka Cinnamon Sugar, was texting me, talking about throw out some salt or something outside. I asked for what? She said just in case I needed to take the trash out or something.

Stop it, I say. I am not in Ohio. I am in Georgia. And I ain't leaving this house to take out trash or do anything else until not na'an one piece of snow is visible on the ground. The most I have done has been to run out in the garage and crank up Lucy Jr. I opened the garage door so I wouldn't choke on carbon monoxide smoke. And I stared out at Pam.

No trash was taken out. I didn't think it was a good idea to do that in bare feet, shorts and a tank top.

LOL!

Song of the Week. I tell you, I have been listening to a ton of music. I know I have some 2000 songs on my spotify playlists. Set it to random and get ready for the party!

One song I like... some Old school Queen Latifah.




She and I are the same age, so this came out when she was 20, I believe. I loved her as a pure rapper. Oh how I miss dope female emcees! *cries*

How about a 2 for 1... ANOTHER Old school Queen Latifah song.



*ladylee turning cartwheels all around the living room*

Ha Ha!!!

Real rap! I love it.

Okay, today marks the end of the Birthday Sweepstakes. This is the 35th post of the Sweepstakes time period, so I hope you've been commenting. Make sure you get your comments in. I am working on writing up the entry slips today. I don't plan on going back to work until Tuesday. By will draw names then.

This has felt like some bootleg furlough craziness. For real. It is amazing how snow and ice can cripple us something awful like this. Good thing it's temporary.

Let's hope that it won't snow again around these parts until next year.

You have a great weekend.

On purpose.  

4 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines Day
    I am back at work today and its some attitude round here because we didn't show up yesterday. 6 out 11 employees called out.Management seems to think this is unacceptable but I didn't think ca.b.l.e was an essential so. Oh well Happy Friday to Me .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am beyond cabin fever. I had a few folks here say now all this snow is depressing. We are ready for a thaw and spring to come. Unfortnuately up north we get spring in May. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:05:00 PM

    I enjoyed my 'cabin fever' yesterday when I stayed home due to the weather. I ironed, cooked, and cleaned. I was in domestic heaven. Watched a really good movie called Yes also. I recommend it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made the mistake of taking the trash out when there was ice on my steps a couple of weeks ago. I fell on my left side. My whole left side was covered with snow. lol

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!