Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Ice Man Cometh

This is my 3rd post today! Glory!!

I have been watching the news the past couple of days and the whole entire metropolitan Atlanta area is like a girl on Fire!

Why?

Because the Ice Man Cometh.

Seems as upwards of an inch of ice is about to cripple all of us ATLiens.

The Ice Man Cometh.

RAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!   RAAAAAAAAAAAAH!  ARRRRGGGH!

That's what they are making it sound like.

I am hearing words like "Catastrophic" and "complete and utter disaster".  I have never heard such words like that except in description of a hurricane or tornado.

And words are little seeds, little containers holding a lot of stuff. I can't take it no more. I just can't. The word catastrophic causes so many thoughts.

Back in 1994, I was caught in an ice storm. A transformer blew and I was without power for 3 days. I packed up and slept on my aunt's couch for a few days. Oh joy.

I turned off the news. And went and did some other things, things I needed to do just in case my power goes out.

I decided that I should go do some of the things that the news people say to do. Some proactive things.

I found my flashlights and candles and placed them where I could easily find them.

I placed all my nonperishable food together in one place.

I washed up all my clothes and folded them. I put together clothes I may need just in case I have to go stay with someone else.

I charged up all the devices in the house. And there are plenty... laptop, netbook, phone, kindle, headphones. Oh joy!

That's about all I can do.

I rebuke the ice man! Rebuke!

My workplace people all texting each other wondering if we have to go to work tomorrow.

Heck man, we didn't have to go to work TODAY. And it's pretty calm outside. I told them they need to be like Oscar Tyrone was today...

They needs to chilllll.....

We need to be like Oscar-Tyrone and get that beauty sleep in. He don't care what's going on! Get that beauty sleep!

He gets up and warms his nether regions on the furnace vent near his bed... then he goes back to sleep.

No worries. No worries at all.

But on the real, I hope this isn't a repeat of the chaos of two weeks ago. That was awful. They said that this will be much worse. Hence, we all are hunkered down in our abodes, hoping the ice doesn't cripple us all.

I hope and pray it doesn't.

6 comments:

  1. I went to work Man! I educated those darn kids and told them to enjoy their break (we are out tomorrow and Thursday). They need to give us Friday too. So I don't have to report back until the 24th!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't dare leave this house today. You are a good one.

      My sister doesn't go back to school until Tuesday. She is ECSTATIC.

      Delete
  2. I want the severe crazy icy winter to be over everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey, i was watching the news and they were talking about your state. I was like "What? It snows and ice up out there?"

      I guess it does. And yes, I want this to be over everywhere, too. Everywhere.

      If I could move to sunny California, I surely would.

      Delete
  3. I pray the weather breaks nationwide. This winter has been more than a notion. And here we are having tons of water main breaks. I work for the Water Dept and they cannot keep up with the repairs and it is only going to get worse. And they do not get days off because of weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its snowed here in Va and another round is suppose to come today around 3. I took me a hour and 45 mins to get home yesterday on a normal commute its 15 mins tops.

    I call my job flex line and they said normal business hours are in effect. Moe told them she wont coming in and got back in the bed. Watching the TV all you heard was accidents, accidents and a snow plow over turned.

    Nope wont catch me outside I drive a Honda Accord if a snow plow can flip what do they think will happen with my car.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!