Monday, February 03, 2014

Happy Monday Morning

Congratulations to the 2014 Superbowl Champion Seattle Seahawks!


Did you watch that game?

Where was Denver? Were they out to lunch?

Man, I tell you... I got so tired of hearing "Peyton, Peyton, Peyton..." the past couple of weeks.

Peyton got his behind handed to him last night. Yes he did. I bet he can't quite remember a butt whooping like that. So it turned into this:


No one could help ol' Peyton.

It was a good game. I don't really care for lop-sided games, but Seattle's defense is always nice to watch.

I had a really good weekend. I didn't do much past running errands. I was just glad to get out of the house. I have been sitting up in the house since Tuesday. I didn't quite have cabin fever, but I wanted to go somewhere. And wouldn't you know it, there was no snow on the ground. There was a little on rooftops, but that's about it.

And wouldn't you know it, yesterday the temperature got to 73 degrees. Wow.

And that's how it goes around here. Any snow or ice issue lasts no longer than a week. And this type of thing may not happen for another couple of years... hopefully.

I must admit that I am not doing that well with all this time off from work. It takes me a minute just to get myself acclimated back to work when I am off voluntarily. I haven't worked a full week this year. Sigh.

Back to my weekend...

Look what I saw in the candy aisle...
Red velvet M&M's? Really?  I don't like red velvet anything, but I had to pick up this package and snap a picture.  What will they think of next?

I know for the longest, there were only plain ones and peanut M&M's. Now there are so many flavors. We have come a long way...

And while I was standing in line at the cashier at the Wal-mart, some guy in front of me struck up a conversation. I am not sure why people like talking to me. I let him talk. Then I saw this on the magazine stand:

Kendrick Lamar on the cover of Jet magazine.

I snatched it so quickly off the stand... so quick that I scared the man who was talking to me. He left me alone after that.

The cover asks "Can Kendrick Lamar save hip-hop?"

The answer is NO from me. I don't see these youngsters coming up with much of anything intelligent, let alone telling some good stories that don't involve bitches, hoes, and slanging dope. I rather listen to my old-school. Anyday. And of course, Kendrick's music. That is it.

Of course I bought it. You know I am a Kendrick fan. Not a stan. He was here in concert opening for Kanye back in December.  Of course I didn't go. I'm not paying big money to see ol' complaining and whining Kanye. Kendrick better come through by himself to a small venue with that band he had with him on Saturday Night Live.Or he better run up through here with Jill Scott or Erykah Badu.  I would go. Otherwise, fagetaboutit!

But I bought that Jet magazine. A good article indeed. He has some songs I had never heard. How 'bout I went on Spotify looking for them, and I found 2 CDs of 60 instrumentals of his songs? Yeah. You know instrumentals are RIGHT up my alley. I picked the ones I liked and made a playlist. I am all good now.

We usually leave Jet and Ebony magazines on our desk in the cubicle.  Uh... this one won't be left out. And I'm going to verbally shank anyone who touches it.

Maybe I should just leave it at night.

Song of the Week.  This one is befitting for my topics this week. Or close to it.



I am a little nervous about my posts this week. They are all food-for-thoughts, and it takes me awhile to get them just right, although that never really occurs. They are read before I post them, so if they get the green light, then it's all good.

Only 4 more days until my 44th birthday... and I am in serious reflection mode, so stay tuned. I need to post some 20 posts, but that's not going to happen. I have about 8 in mind. We will see.

At any rate, Birthday Sweepstakes is still in full full effect. $44 gift card for most comments since January 6th, and $44 gift card general drawing.. so comment for a chance at those gift cards.

Get that money, honey... On purpose. 

6 comments:

  1. I did not watch the game. I wanted the Seahawks just for Richard Sherman to get pumped up. LOL.

    I saw on Facebook a post about red velvet Pop Tarts. The red velvet trend continues on.

    I am prepping for yor FFT posts. LOL. Wondering what you will share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did we went to a super bowl party had to support the VA locals that are doing something great.

    I didn't know they still print jet magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try red velvet anything. I came across some red velvet malt liquor. Yep, I bought it. lol It wasn't bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just might have to try those M&M's. I love Red Velvet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was napping through the game. Woke up and saw it was a lopsided win, so I did not homework.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm starting to believe you really love Kenderick Lamar. Now you have a magazine with him on the cover.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!