Monday, February 10, 2014

Good Good Monday Morning

Good Monday Morning to you ALL.

And it's a good Monday morning for me. Why? Because I am OFF.

My birthday weekend has stretched out to a 4 day weekend.

My boss was asking me about this, whether I'd be taking off on Monday, that is.

"If you don't see me, that means I'm not here," I said. Several times that day.

*Boss kicks the hard eyeroll*

She doesn't see me. So that means that I'm not going to work.

It was her suggestion anyway, this taking a few days off. Hmm.  Don't get me to thinking.

And it may stretch out to the rest of the week, because Atlanta is under some type of snow storm warning... AGAIN.

And it all still sounds ambiguous like the last time when a couple inches of snow and ice shut the ATL down. I don't care what's going on. I just don't want to get stuck at the workplace... or on the freeway. I have 4 or 5 weeks of leave time at work, and 5 months of sick leave.  I will take off. I am not banging up my cars fooling with non-driving ATLiens.

I had a WONDERFUL birthday weekend. Oh, how nice it was. And the weather was absolutely wonderful, meaning there was no rain, ice or snow, and the weather was in the high 50s to 60s. And the sun was shining.

OH JOY!!

It is too much for one post. So I will sprinkle the posts out throughout the week.

So let's run it down in an outline, and I will write about each one...

1. I woke up Friday morning, full of JOY, because it was my 44th birthday! GLORY.

2. Got up and went to friday morning Bible study! And I got in trouble at the bible study. Hmm...

3. I picked up LadyTee and we did our Thelma and Louise thing.

4. I came home and went to bed.

5. Saturday, I hung out with my sister Kentucky!

6. She took me to a Dr. Joe seminar, which was fantastic!

7. Then we went to a really good vegan restaurant.

8. Then we returned to my house... where Kentucky did my taxes! I should have my money by Friday! *ladylee throwing dollar bills, making it rain*

9. Sunday I did my church thing... on the internet (I rarely go on Sundays). What a good service. I will call it a birthday service, just for me.  Should I post up the notes? Hmm. I didn't take notes. But it is something I've been hollering for a while over in these parts. I can go back and watch it and take notes. Maybe a nice food-for-thought post... perhaps?

10. I went to the Home Depot. I bought a furnace filter and some garbage bags.  I tried to go the Christian bookstore, because I wanted a good workbook. But it was closed. I will go on Monday.

11. I went to the Best Buy. I want another Roku, but decided against it. I am not sure it fits my bedroom flat screen TV, which is not HD. (I paid $500 for a 15" flat screen TV, some 7 years ago. It is amazing how cheap they are now).

12. I came home and watched Friday Night Lights. I am on season 2. It is such a great show.

That's the rundown of my birthday weekend.  Today I am thinking about going and getting my emissions done. Both cars failed, but they should pass now. (Lucy Jr. needed a sensor- this car has a gazillion sensors O_O, and Pam just needs to be driven around- I've only put 80 miles on that car this year, and it didn't help that I gave someone a jumpstart late last year. Sigh).

I went to Whole Foods yesterday and everybody and their mama was up in there. I think it is because the ice storms are coming. So we are all gonna be stuck in the house again.

Hey, as long as this power, gas and internet stays on? I am GOOD. It is a problem if power goes out. Ugh.

Oh... and last night's WHOA moment - I talked to my mother.

Not Play Mama out in Alabama... my biological Mama.

*crickets*

I was skipping merrily through the Whole Foods last night and I she called. I couldn't get to my cell phone fast enough. I had my blue tooth headphones on, but they were off. So I missed the call.

This was a good thing, as I could call my sister and ask her WHY she was calling me. My sister says she was ailing and wanted to talk to me. There's always this "Call Lisa and tell her to call me."

Well, Lisa ain't calling nobody. She wants to talk to me, she can call. Don't get it twisted.

And my sister tells her this. And mother never calls. She is too afraid to call me. That's her problem, not mine.

But she called me this time.

I don't know what's wrong with people. For some reason, just because I have a "Dr." attached to my name means I am a medical doctor. I am sorry. I am not. I cannot write you any prescriptions. I am so sorry. And i can't diagnose you. I am so sorry.

But I can talk to you about some organic chemistry. And some analytical chemistry. I can talk about food chemistry too. And pe.sticides. All that.

But she has her ailments, mostly her kidney issues (she is diabetic). I talked to her last time about it. I told her what to do (I have slight kidney disease due to my lupus).

She don't listen. I think she just wanted to talk to me, which is... odd. I am not very interesting.

You will be proud of me. None of my anger concerning my sister surfaced. Mama called my sister because she wanted my sister to do her taxes. They haven't been talking. I don't blame her for calling about taxes. My sister know how to do some taxes, honey. Sho' nuff. Yes indeed.

But that was interesting... and exasperating at the same time. How many times can you tell someone to drink their water, decrease meat and not eat salty food intake? It helps my kidneys. I may know what I am talking about.

*ladylee hangs up phone*

SIGH.

Alright! That's it for my hard ramblings.

I am not sure when I will do the drawing, since we are under winter storm warning. My lone employee, Commander By, does my drawings, as I don't like doing them myself (I need witnesses, because I don't need ya'll cussing me over cheating). I am thinking later this week.

So here's what I will do: we'll extend the commenting out for a few more days. And how about I throw in an extra gift card for second place most comments?  How's that?

That's it for me. How about a song of the week... That Southern Black Gal says she turned her cousin onto my blog. She's an older chicken like me. So some old disco will do her just fine, I bet.



Man... I have to apologize to new readers. I am somewhat intelligent. I promise I am. But I am very much ebonically inclined, so excuse my language. I am writing like I talk. Yes, I know I need to take an english and grammar class. Maybe one day I will...

But not today.

I'm leaving.

Before the Ice Man cometh.

LOL

As always, have a great day! On purpose!!!  

15 comments:

  1. Moms called? Did she wish you a happy bday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did. But it was besides the point. She drained me in 10 minutes time. I just let her talk. I was just happy I kept my cool. I must be maturing.

      Delete
    2. ((hugs)) ((hug's)) and more ((hugs)) I had a 15 min conversation with my mom yesterday and still upset and drained this morning.

      Delete
  2. That's good you kept calm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We think she just wants attention. And that's fine.

      But I need her to stop treating my sister like crap. She can treat me any old kind of way, long as she leave my sister alone. She can call all she want. Just don't put my kind and sweet sister through a bunch of changes.

      Delete
  3. Girl, I need the snow and ice to go up North. We miss another day and we are going to have to start making these things up. They can fool around and say it will be next week. I won't be here. ITS THAT TIME!!!! Bandit Family Cruise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you know I am a Northern girl. I already told them they don't EVER have to worry about me being stranded at the school. I love 2 miles away. I will WALK home if necessary. LOL!

      I wish you were going too! They are buried under so much snow that they are ready to go too!

      Delete
  4. Us Northern folks are real tired of the snow too. LOL. Don't sent it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya'll are accustomed to this tomfoolery. We are NOT use to this mess in Tropical Atlanta.

      I am even having a hard time watching the Olympics. I am cold. I don't like watching anything cold!

      Delete
    2. We accustomed just haven't had it like this in years. Dodging huge potholes all over the place, dozens of water main leaks and piles of snow everywhere. It has gotten annoying and exhausting at times. I don't usually shovel and had to several because I cannot afford to pay. I have even paid a few guys more than once. SMH.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous10:19:00 AM

    WOW! talk about an event filled weekend. I'm glad you had a great weekend; that's what birthdays should be...Great! I don't work on my birthday either; it's my personal holiday dammit!

    I feel you on the weather, but at least you're only getting it in spurts, it's a constant up here and I'm sick to darn death of it. And I say this while there's currently a winter storm warning in affect starting Wed @7pm. Grr! I need to escape to Jamaica and forgot the world for a while. *sigh*

    Anyway, keep on keeping on young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for a second drawing !!

    I'm tired of the snow. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY for extra days for the drawing and chance with two winners!!! *Throws glitter in the air!*

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. I need to check out Friday Night Lights on netflix

    ReplyDelete
  9. Disco?! What's that? lol

    I love Netflix. It has turned me onto shows I have never watched before. I'm currently on Season 2 of Parenthood. And I love their original programming.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!