Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A LadyLee 44th Birthday Bash, Part I

So, the tradition for the past 12 years has been for my best friend and I to spend our birthdays together.

And this year, the tradition continued.

Her truck was in the shop, so I had to drive. This was a good thing, as I just had a new sensor put into Lucy Jr., and I need to drive her in order for her to be ready for emission testing.

I arrived at LadyTee's house and she was sitting on bed doing her homework. I sat on her bed and noticed she had a SUPER soft blanket on her bed.

"This is soft right here," I said. "Real soft."

"Glad you like it," she said. "My mama bought you one."

Oh that made me happy. It's this super soft blanket. It feels like cashmere. I have been wrapped up in it every time I lay on the sofa.

We headed out and made a stop by the Hobby Lobby. I was in desperate need of embroidery scissors.


As you can see, they are so small. Because of this, I tend to lose them sometimes.  But they are so good for trimming crochet work. I have become accustomed to it and I only use big scissors only if I don't have these little ones.

So I found some at a good price ($5.99 a pair).  I bought 3 pair. I can put a couple of pairs away.

Oh I forgot to add, LadyTee also gave me a balloon.
Me and balloons. Sigh.  These balloons are in my kitchen... and they follow me around.  O_O.


Anyway, we wanted to go to the movies. LadyTee wanted to see The Last Vegas, but I am sorry, I just didn't want to see a movie about a bunch of old men. Some other time, yes. That day? NO.

Whatever we saw would have to be from the Dollar Movies...
The Dollar Movies... Do you have a dollar movie theater in your city? We have had them scattered around. This seems to be the only one in town now. (We use to have a Penny Movie on the West Side some 20 years ago).

We decided to see Thor: The Dark World.
I would not usually be interested in a Thor movie, but my sister turned me on to it.  She saw the first movie a few weeks ago. "I liked that movie!" she said. "I want a red cape like Thor! Go Thor!"

I found this interesting. My sister is such a diva. She like Thor?  So I watched it. And I loved it.

I told her "I don't want a red cape like Thor. I want that Hammer he swanging. That's what I want!!"

So since LadyTee loved the first Thor also, we decided to see this sequel.

Here we are in the 2:20 pm showing. And here's a picture of the screen.
If I had a good camcorder, I could've made a bootleg. Of course it wouldn't have been all that great, but whatever.

LadyTee purchased a huge tub of popcorn.
We ate some of it. She bought it so she could get a refill and take it home to her kids. (This turned out to be a great idea).

The drinks are ridiculously expensive, so we had courtesy cups of water.

This is barely a swallow. But I don't care to pay $4 for a bottle of water. For that amount, I may as well have a soda. And I very rarely drink sodas. I don't think I've had one in the past few months. This little swallow of water was good. And the water fountain was just outside the theater.

The movie was GREAT! And we discussed it much on our way to dinner. We went to one of my favorite places in the deep south ATL suburbs, Franks at the Old Mill.

And I got what I always get when I go through there.  The fish and chips. LadyTee had it too.

Oh that fish and chips is always so great.

We also split a side of shrimp.

LadyTee was highly upset that the shrimp were served on a bed of that GOOD spring greens salad. "They need to use the cheap stuff, not this good salad." LOL

She gave a card for my birthday... with some money tucked neatly inside!

That right there is enough to make me holla "GLORY!!"

*church spin* 

*church jog in the corner*

All the waiters in the place came screeching around the corner singing Happy Birthday. (Scared the cheese out of me. My heart was beating so fast).  I blew out the little candle on my piece of cake. We were too full to eat the cake (and my battery in my phone was dead, hence no picture. It was quite pretty)!!

All in all, it was a very good time. I really enjoyed myself.

It was great birthday. I look so forward to our birthdays every year, because my best friend and I don't spend much time or talk much these days due to our schedules. I hate to admit it, but it is one of those things that have bothered me over the years, especially when I see other best friends freely spend much time together. I have wanted that for us. I want to take it back to high school, back to elementary school even, when we had minimal cares and concerns and could spend the whole day watching videos.  Oh how I miss those days. I have done much better over the years concerning it. I am thankful for that.

But I cherish these special days, our birthdays.  More than you will ever know.

4 comments:

  1. That is cool that you have been able to spend your birthdays with each other. Makes me miss having best friends. I have lost 2 bestrfriends to death one in 1998 and one in 2013. I no longer have any bestfriends. I had the best last bday celebrations with my bff who died in 1998. We spent both our bdays which are a month apart partying the weekends away.

    The food looked good. Good food and good times on your bday is always awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed your birthday and got some MOOLA!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen Thor. Did you catch the 1st one?

    I love you and LadyTee's adventures.

    You are going to make me go to Franks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That food looks good .. Look at all the money lady lee ballin.

    Let me hold 3.59 lol

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!