Friday, February 07, 2014

***Birthday #44***

I'm so GIDDY!!!

It's my birthday!

Birthday #44!!

!!!!GLORY!!!!

Yes, yes. On this day, in 1970 at 11:19 am, your Friendly Neighborhood Oldgirl LadyLee was BORN!

And henceforth I take the day off.

For it's a LadyLee National Holiday, you see.

LOL!!

I don't have big plans for today. Me and LadyTee are going to do our Thelma and Louise thing.  That means lunch and a movie!

I plan on going to Friday Morning Bible Study. I think I am going to get up there and dance at the altar with that same lady that be dancing and singing around the altar at the morning bible study. I hope she doesn't give me the hard side-eye!

I got some deliveries to the workplace today! I was shocked and surprised...

Play Mama A sent me some balloons!
Those balloons were attached to some FRUIT!!

Thank you, Mama! *falls at Mama's feet*

Mama asked if I'd seen that the pineapples were cut in the shapes of "44"?  I said no, and then went on to examine the fruit basket. And there were the pineapples!

I saw those pineapples earlier.  I thought "They must have a new person cutting the fruit. Whoever cut those pineapple into the shape of stars really jacked them up."

She knows how I love some good fruit! And it's some good fruit indeed!

I just wanted to lay my face in it. Wow.

And good ol' Sam, aka "Cinnamon Sugar", sent me some chocolate covered strawberries.

Woooo-weee! Those suckers were good!

I only had one. I was roaming around the cubicle area showing them off. And people were looking at me. So I had to share.

I ate one. And it was great. Big giant strawberries! And some of ya'll know what I do for a living... Big strawberries are soaked with pesticides. And I did NOT care. That one strawberry was GREAT. I

I came home with one left. Next time I know not to share. They are too good to share! I just think I was happy at the moment.

Sam snapped on me about that.  She went straight Cinnamon Sugar on me on the real. I am sorry, Boo! I may just reimburse you the next time you come hang out at the crib!

The place that sell those is over in the bougie 'hood. We're doing a driveby for some more of those tomorrow.

Really though.

I am afraid of balloons. When I was three, my best friend KK, who was also three, was blowing a balloon  up and it blew up in her face. That girl screamed and cried so hard. I was shocked by it all. And some 40 years later I get the shakes when I see balloons.

And one of my balloons floated up into the rafters of the workplace garage. Sigh.


I had to stand up in the doorway of my car and snatch it down.

And when I arrived home, the same balloon floated to the top of my garage. Seeing that my garage is some 15 feet high, I decided to just go on in the house. Maybe it will float down in the next couple of days.

My coworker Lady S gave me a nice candle and some little fruit snacks. What a surprise!

So I am just checking in. Thank you all for reading the past month leading up to my birthday month. I had SO many food for thought posts, and of course, I didn't get them all posted.

And thanks for commenting! The drawing will be held on Monday or Tuesday. Make sure to check back to see if you are a lucky winner.

So this is birthday #44.  I could not imagine turning this age. But i am here now.

I hope this year will be as good as year 43!

I can't wait to see what it brings!!  

24 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Have a Great day!

    1970 Rocks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks, hon...

      Yes, we are both 1970 babies. 1970 ROCKS.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous10:16:00 AM

    Happy Birthday. My birthday is 2/28

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. unityfalls10:40:00 AM

    Happy Birthday. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Lady Lee !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Oldgirl! enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Born Day, Doc!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:43:00 PM

    Happy Birthday lady and may you enjoy it to the fullest of fullness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:46:00 PM

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You received fabulous gifts that fit you well!!! Happy Birthday!!!
    HEEEYYYY...can I have one of your chocolate covered strawberries? lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy birfday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAPPY BDAY!!!! I wish they could have seen the HUGe smile on your face when you came back with your goodies!! You tickled me!! Show everybody " LOOK at these strawberries!!" Then you offer to share with them !! That suprised me. But you were all low key about that fruit basket. You know the deal and was smart and left it all wrapped up tight. :) Well they worked the cheese out of me on your bday. I shouldve took it off too!! Your supervisor was acting director today and she left early. She left my supervisor in charge of EVERYTHANG!!! LAWD!!! He probably missed everything up in those 2 hours.

    I hope your enjoyed your day for it is a beautiful day outside!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now this is a proper Lady Lee PARTY!
    Happy Birthday DEAR Sister! Wishing you a day of beauty and grace. You are special to me. You got me through some tough days in those early days of my blog. Your kind words moved me and pulled me out of my funk! And you know I still won't nobody touch my afghan! Happy Birthday! Celebrate! ((HUGS)) xoxoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday, my friend. I'm wishing you the best from VA and pray that you have 44+ more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you had an awesome birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday Lee! I thought I would get a chance to see you today. Sigh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous11:48:00 PM

    Happy Birthday! Many more years of a healthy life.

    Bev in T.O.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Barbara Fields7:29:00 PM

    Happy belated birthday, you young thing! I say that because I turned 66 last month. Sounds like you got lots of love. I enjoy your writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. Barbara! And thanks for reading!

      Delete
  18. Thank everyone for the birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!