Friday, October 23, 2015

Friday Freestyles... The Fall Festival Edition

It's Friday!!

And to top it off, it's PAYDAY!!!

GLORY!!

And as my usual routine, I sit for a moment and think about just blowing my whole paycheck and just ball ball ball til I fall fall fall.

And then reality kicks in...

And I go online and pay my bills. And then I make a budget in my head. I need to write it down on paper, though. Really, I need to.

Anyway, the weekend is nigh... and on days like this, especially on paydays, the blinds of my mind are partially closed. I may as well just go home because I haven't gotten anything done. My boss sent me something to look over, some type of checklist for our reports. I think I breezed through that in all of 10 minutes and made some suggestions.

Plus, I can't even think straight because I have the "itis".

And I want to take a nap.

Why?

Because we had our FALL FESTIVAL at work today.

The tobacco and nutrition groups do this yearly. And since I am new to the tobacco work group, lo and behold I get to participate.

A menu sign-up list went around. Discussions were fast and furious for a few days. And we had a wonderful feast!

I signed up to bring green beans and butter cookies!!

And you know I took pictures:

I purchased green beans at the local Whole Foods.  Here they are in the bags. 

It wasn't too expensive. I think they were $1.99 a pound. They are $1.49 a pound at farmer's market I frequent. But I found that the Whole Foods Beans are a more flavorful. I bought $10 worth.

And it took a full hour to snap them.
I snapped those while watching some of the Benghazi foolishness, I mean Benghazi hearings.

By 9:30 pm, I'd chopped up a large white onion, thrown in a smoked turkey wing, and threw everything in the crock pot.
I woke up at 3:30 am and the beans weren't done. So I turned it on HIGH for another 4 hours.

By 8:00 am, the green beans were done!
Glory!!!

And I also made some butter cookies. I experimented with cutting them into shapes...

They came out alright. There were stars, hearts and flower shaped cookies. I have to work on the rolling out of dough and cutting. I will be thinking about that for awhile...

On to our Fall Festival.

There was SO much food. So much.

Meatballs, cocktail sausages, honey baked ham...


Fried chicken, ranch chicken wings, buffalo wings, veggies and dip.
My green beans and a very good indian fish and rice dish.
Fried fish and lima beans.
Corn on the cob!

Hash browns, broccoli, macaroni salad, macaroni and cheese, etc...

Croissants and salad and light bread!

Fruit and pies!
Devil Eggs, cheeseballs and crackers!


Someone made red velvet cake. I am not a fan, but you KNOW how much people love red velvet cake. Glory!!
And there was some type of punch bowl cake. I don't know who made it, but everyone was diving into it. It was great!
I didn't get a pic of everthing. There was a GREAT dump truck cake made by one of my cubicle mates. WOW. I need the recipe for that. Or, she can make it for me! Yay!!

A good time was had by all. 

Dr. HazelEyes organized it all. There was even a jeopardy trivia game while we ate.

And after all that, I could and still cannot get much of anything done today.

I need a siesta... maybe two, maybe three.

Heck, I need a weekend!

And that's what I'm snatching... on purpose.

That's it for today. Soooo picture heavy!

Bet it made you hungry, didn't it!? 

YAY!

Have a good weekend. :)

2 comments:

  1. Look at all that food!! Mercy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of food! And people had to work over the weekend, so they ate good all weekend long! Glory!

      Delete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!