Friday, October 09, 2015

Friday Freestyles

It's Friday!

It's Payday!

BOOYAH!!

And I have a three day weekend coming up! Columbus day is Monday!

GLORY!!!!

I might as well have stayed home today. We ran some experiments overnight, and the instrumentation portion didn't work at all. I coulda stayed home. It's been a SLOW day.

So... This is Gay Pride weekend this weekend in the ATL. Not sure that's all over the world, but it is here. Black Gay Pride was back on labor day weekend. So much has been said on the news about this, most notably about the crosswalks of a popular intersection being painted.

A coworker and I walked the mile down to the intersection before it got too busy. I took plenty of pictures.





Oh my! That is colorful. And all the businesses are decorated up in that area too. There's a big parade tomorrow.

All I know is that I work in this area, and uh... I'm dipping out of this camp early. Bump all this traffic. I'm not even going my usual way through the hotel district. No way. Going straight home by one of my many alternate routes. I hate traffic!!!

I got caught up in Pride traffic one time, some 10 years ago. NEVER again. It is worse than baseball game traffic. NO!! 

Should be an interesting weekend indeed. I plan on staying in the house with Sister Callie Jo and Mitchell Lamar.
That's them looking out the window at me. And I will be standing next to them.

Although I have a writing group meeting on Saturday. It's suppose to rain bad on Saturday morning. So I will gauge that in the morning. I'm not all that interested in making a hard 40 mile drive to the far east side in the pouring rain. No sir. No ma'am.

We will see.

Song of The Week. Some Kendrick Lamar! His song "Momma"



And it's sampled from a Lalah Hathaway song: "On your own"



The Lalah Hathaway song is far better! In my opinion, anyway. 

That's it for me! I am looking forward to relaxing this weekend.

On purpose...

You do the same!

1 comment:

  1. Ladylee,

    Lalah Hathaway is smooth and mellow. You kind of "easily travel" as you listen. It goes against my grain a little because I'm an old school RUN-DMC fan. Lol, I don't roll with the angry music all the time but that is my usual flow. Your choice of music shows maturity and depth in my opinion. I'm still a little childish at 50 but I can learn. Just talkin'. It's Wednesday so have a good rest of the week.
    B.O.P.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!