Wednesday, November 26, 2008

"Babysiting Blues"

I am OFF today...

The present status at my house.



A bit of background for you.

So...

On Tuesday, Hen-Dog asked if I could keep Chayse (who has somehow morphed into the House of LadyLee mascot as of late) ...

I gave him the blank *crickets* stare.

"I'm off on Wednesday, Hen."

He gave me the long puppy-dog face.

Well, I planned on staying home all day on Wednesday.

And since I am OFF (GLORY!)....

I decided to do this small bit of charitable work for our group superhero, Hen-Dog, and the meanest woman on the planet, Chayse's Mama, Ol'Mean Ass Cynthia.

Then there was all this discussion of what to feed her and the type of games to play. (THEY were trying to discuss this with me. I wasn't asking any questions concerning this).

*blank stare*

"Yo, I'ma sleep all day. Chayse better work it out. And ya'll better feed her before she come over, or send some food! She'll be on the floor with Kramer eating Science Diet Kibble and milk."

Now, I could tell they were concerned. They both had that slightly wide-eyed look.

"We're gonna play games, alright," I added. "Games called 'Be Quiet' or 'Stare at the Wall'".

Later in the day, a box of cereal appeared in my cubicle. Cynt slid a box of Cheezits on my desk. Some type of activities coloring book magically appeared also.

It's interesting what parents do when they are uh, "concerned".

Since I appeared to be "agreeable" to keeping the child, Cynt decided she wanted to get bold and make "suggestion".

"Lee, she wants to make hand turkeys."

I frowned. This did NOT sound good. "What the heck is a hand turkey????" I asked.

"You can get the sugar cookie dough at the grocery store, the dough that's already made. Then you let her trace her hand on the dough." She raised her hand in the air and made an attempt to demonstrate. By this time, Hen-Dog had walked up. "Bake them in the oven, and decorate them."

I just stared at them both.

"And don't forget to get the different color icing so she can decorate them."

I gave them both the Celie crooked 2 fanger point.

"Ya'll better pick the girl up before the sun go down. If not, you can pick her up downtown at DFACS."

They both gave me the wide-eyed stare.

Especially after I repeated my DFACS threats several times that day.

(And I wasn't kidding about that.)

Well, Chayse was dropped off at 7:30 a.m. I happened to wake up at 3:30 a.m. I tend to do this because I am so giddy about being OFF from work. So I was wide awake at that time, had cleaned the kitchen and washed and folded clothes..

Her cat, my "permanent visitor" Kramer, was VERY happy to see her. He knew that her presence meant that he would be getting something he doesn't normally get around these parts: ATTENTION!



I've never seen that cat THAT giddy at that time of morning. He's usually somewhere sleeping, and had been giving me the evil eye all morning everytime I turned a light on.


They both appear to be content, so I guess I am doing a decent job.



So it hasn't been that bad. The child can read really well, which is shocking. I guess they start reading pretty early. And Nickelodeon... after a couple of hours, I had to turn to The People's Court because the kids shows were driving me batty!

(And someone needs to teach this kid how to play cards. She keeps looking at mine. She can get hurt for that. I am TRYING to explain the concept to her! And I am whooping her tail in these Dora Dominoes. Hope she don't start crying, or she has to get out of here.)

She keeps walking this cat all over the place. He is looking to me for help. I am not helping him. He's the babysitter now.

So, I will relax and look after the baby all day.

Now my DFACS threats stand.

First of all, Hen and Cynt, I have 2 samples on instrument #8. Please pull those. My worksheets are on my desk. Fill those out PROPERLY. Log them out (be expedient about that please). If the boss calls me at home concerning this, I will not hesitate to open my Book of Cuss on her...

And then open the same Good book of Cuss on the two of you.

Remember, I am holding your child hostage keeping your child today.

And please pick up the baby before sundown. If you don't, you can pick her up downtown at DFACS.

Have a nice day:)

13 comments:

  1. LOL! I expect to see a photo of her hand turkey later on b/c I know you are going to make them with her.. She's such a cutie! And I am dropping Tyler off too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA! great photos. she's a cutie :)

    i hope they taking you seriously cuz i know for a fact you have dfacs on speed dial...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hand turkeys with cookie dough? geez, i thought they were talking about making them with construction paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:25:00 AM

    I'll be by to pick my baby up at about midnight. Cowgirl Cre and I are gonna go to happy hour and shake a leg for a minute. On 2nd thought make that 2 am we'll probably go grab some breakfast afterwords. Thanks, Hon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @S30... I am NOT fooling around with "hand turkeys". Whoever came up with that concept needs to get beat down. That is just WAY too much going on.

    If you drop Tyler off, he'll be down at DFACS. Really though.

    @ATLien Nikki... You better tell 'em Nikki. TELL THEM!

    Chele... You know, that's what I thought when she started talking about "hand turkeys". And she told me to go look it up on the internet. AS IF.

    NO WAY. I am already suffering through Dora Dominoes and Crazy Eights. And I am now looking the Dora the Explorer. OH. JOY.

    @"Punkin"...

    Stop coming on here using your ol' street alias, Ol' Mean Ass Cynthia!!!!

    You better stop fooling with Cowgirl Cre. That chile will have you looking crazy! You better get here before the sun go down!

    Your Chayse is helping my sister grate bread right now. I think we will let her work on these big blocks of cheese next. Maybe she can clean these greens next. Do she know anything about cleaning chitlins?

    You uh, might have to leave her here for a time... long enough to sweep and mop the floors. She can do all that, and THEN you can pick her up at DFACS.

    LOL.

    I want you to know she cheats at cards. Must've learned that from you! HUMPH.

    (And you negroes better finish my work. You heard me???)

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is so cute! And I have NEVER heard of hand turkets with cookie dough. Theya re doing a little too much these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ The BBall Mama...

    See, I know if you and Chele haven't heard of this craziness, then it has no real merit. This is something the younger mothers have conjured up. Not going down in MY kitchen.

    As if the childrens don't have enough to do. HUMPH.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So... What time did they end up coming by?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dr. Ladylee, I'm not sure if you thought I cared that you drop Tyler off at DFACS... I don't. I'll figure that out/work that out after I finish what I'm doing! LOL! It's easier than driving his bad butt to Nebraska!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's Cute...You know you don't mind watching her at all..lolololololol.

    Hand Turkeys with Cookie Dough???
    Now there is something new.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @King 2nd 68...

    Her mama scooped her up around 2:00 p.m... three hours before I was scheduled to call DFACS to come get her.

    @Serenity30...

    Girl, you would bust out all my windows if I took Tyler down to DFACS.

    And Nebraska changed the rule to babies no older than 30 days off... so if you are devising a Nebraska plan, you outta luck!

    LOL

    @Keith...

    Yeah bruh... You try that with your grandson, and come back and tell me how that worked out for ya'll! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know you loved babysitting -- I'm crackin' up...Do you "do" teenagers also? I got a couple for you... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @The Cyncere Sister...

    Uh rah, yeah uh... Can that boy of yours work with a paint brush? And that girl can cook, can't she? Can she clean chitlins???

    LOL

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!