Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday Morning Ramblings

Two words:

It's cold

Current temperature in the ATL: 34 degrees

I'm still waking up in the morning expecting 75 degree weather. These are winter temperatures. I am thoroughly confused.

Shoot, I may have to go buy myself a coat. Humph.

Anyway, how was your weekend? Mine was fine. I did NOTHING. I was completely lazy. And I had things to do, like book club meetings and Atlanta Wr.iters Club meetings. So I know my name is mud right about now.

This is okay. It has been mud before with people. I'm sure it will be mud again.

One of these days I'll get my reading and writing groove back.

I will have you know that I turned off the automatic music player. It is still here, in the sidebar, but you better go down there and press the play button. So all of you worker bees should be jumping for joy right about now, lol. But it now contains 200 songs. It has been approved by my blog sista ATLien Nikki (with the exception of Ashanti's "Baby" and Club Nouveau's "Why you treat me so Bad" - she can't stand those songs). So feel free to enjoy those!

I am NOT going to work today. I looked at my total hours worked last week, and it came up to 49. I had some pretty interesting training on a piece of complicated instrumentation on Wednesday and Thursday, while at the same time having to work on other things. I would've clocked about 53 hours if it wasn't for my trainer getting into a car accident (Hope you alright, man).

So right now, the job can go sit on a tack. I'll be in tomorrow.

Humph.

I wanted to paint this weekend, but I didn't. The color I picked out is supposed to be a burnt orange type color, but when I threw a patch on the wall, it was a hot mess.



I have a very small house, but a LOT of natural light and recessed lighting. My kitchen, dining room, and living room are basically one great room. So whatever color I put up, I will have to look at it ALL THE TIME. The light hits that ish and it's like WHOA! I don't think I can look at that color every day. That would drive me NUTS.

So I've decided to throw different color splotches up on the wall and peruse them. Whichever one I like, I will work it out with that. No bold colors, though. I may have to go with something neutral. We'll see how that works out.

What do I plan to do today?

1. Go get my passport picture taken and get my application done.

2. Go get some prescriptions filled. There is nothing worse than running out of medication. I think I know all that I need, so that should be quick and fast.

3. Go do some grocery shopping. I tend to this every two weeks. I only need about 30 dollars worth of stuff, mostly fruit and veggies. Yeah, I should've done it this weekend. But like I said, I was lazy.

4. I haven't been writing worth jack lately. I'm being hardheaded. Got MUCH to write. I may spend an hour today. Not sure.

5. Work on two birthday cards that need to be mailed out by Wednesday afternoon.

6. I may call my father today and stop by his house. It would have to be quick. Not sure how he would feel about that, but it's all good. I don't see myself with him all day. But I will at least call, and see if we can set up an appointment (that sounds weird, don't it).

Finally, 3 of my favorite songs.

Milira "Go Outside in the Rain"


One hit wonder indeed. She could sing, but she came out during that strange time on the coattails of Anita Baker and right before the surge of girl groups. Probably not true, but that's my take on it.

Stephanie Mills "Something in the way you make me feel"


That song along with "I feel good" reminds me of my first love. Everytime I hear them I am taken back to that time, some 20 years ago.

Don't you just love the old videos? I mean everyone has their clothes on. The songs are not raunchy. Oh, those were the Glory days!

Another one of my favorites:

"Husband" by Shirley Murdock



Now, I HATED "As We Lay", the prequel to this song. I was like, "Ah hell, now everybody gonna be cheating on their man." But Shirley redeemed herself on this song. And I especially like the well placed "dings" in the chorus.

ATLien Nikki and I discussed this on IM the other night. We decided that she probably didn't redeem herself, but was still kicking it with the married man. (That's the sanitized version of what we thought was going on, lol).

I've fooled with a married man before. There was no good conscience on my part to stop fooling around with him. It was him showing me the wounds on his chest made from his wife attacking him that uh, helped me decide to get the heck out of dodge.

He wasn't worth it. It was a curiosity issha with me anyway.

Wonder if anyone has made a song about that?

Hmmm...

Ya'll have a good week... on purpose.

14 comments:

  1. Well, just be careful out there. Heat may make people crazy but my experince is cold makes people in Atlanta down right ornery.

    By the way, the high here today is expected to be about 90. If ya get a chance, swing by this afternoon. I'll be lounging in the pool with a glass of scotch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn you Terry.

    The high here is 28.

    I didn't do jack either this weekend and it felt good.

    I'm loving lazy right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The knee grow had stab wounds and he was STILL cheating??? I swear...some people...just never friggin learn. woooh

    Enjoy your day off. I don't think I could live with that color either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Terry...

    *Lee snatches glass of scotch from Terry and pours it over his head*

    Kiss my grits, Terry!!!

    @That Original Oldboy Hassan...

    We work hard, bruh. Sometimes we got the right to be lazy.

    @Opinionated Diva...

    Girl, we were laid out in the aftermath of some so-so sex, and dude gets all touchy-feely talking about the problems with his wife (shoot, I thought we womens were the ones who get all vunerable after sex)... then he shows me his chest full of keloided scissor wounds.

    I was hard to track down after that. Really hard. Dude was knocking on my door, all kinds of craziness...

    Well, that color looked good in the store, but NOT with a lot of light. My walls downstairs are half windows! Goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiss my grits, Terry!!!

    LMBWAO...I love you too Baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. thank you for changing the player
    2. murdoch all late with that 'husband' song. what, NOW you turning him down? i bet it was cuz he was either really ugly or wasn't packing. let that dude have been someone looking like denzel and packing it like ron jeremy...bet she wouldn't have given a damn about wifey or kids.
    3. glad you kicked that cat to the curb. if he was still married to that crazy chick, he was crazy too.
    4. the fireplace is going on tonight! i was COLD this morning.
    5. someone please kick terry for gloating about his warm weather? then again, it's probably 90 degrees cuz half his town is still burning so i'll take that back...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, Nikki, let me say this about that. The fire is out and only about ten homes in my neck of the woods were burned to the ground. It could have been worse.

    I tell ya, firemen know how to party with a brushfire. Them Cats know their collective shit.

    So once I get all the ash outta the pool. I'm back in it Baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a delight!

    I did nothing for the weekend too. I did get to the grocery store today. I have to shope EVERY week with 4 little kids...LOL!

    Milira...whoa!

    Shirley Murdoch...ah both songs are adulterous songs...YES!

    Never liked married men. Why mess with a man who clearly is lying to one woman that he professed to love and stood up in front of a bunch of folks and declared such!

    And yes it's cold in CT too! LOL!

    Lazy can be a good thing...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Y'all got our weather. It's downright balmy here. Cats walking around with no coats and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You were off today?!!! Muy Jealous of you chica!!!

    I'm thinking you may want to look at a burnt orange, it can brighten a room or make it look homey and romantic.

    Girl, I walked out the door this morning and swear mother nature hit me with an ice pack. Atlanta went from hot to cold in t-minus one week. What happened to fall??

    Scissor Wounds?! Heck to the naw honey, I'm glad you got ghost!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Lovebabz...

    BABZ!

    I'm not a delight, I am just cranky.

    Milira was something, wasn't she? It was like she was trying to be the new Anita Baker and Angela Bofill or something. LOL!

    Babz, you would talk much trash to a married man... Have him shoving you out the door muttering "Alright Babz, stop preaching to me Babz. BYE BABZ!"

    LOL!!

    @That Botanical Chick Carleen...

    *Lee snatches up a handful of Orange Mint from the ground and throws it at Carleen*

    HUMPH.

    I am jealous. I actually put on my jacket today, when I left the house at 2 pm. Wish I was in Denver now!

    No I don't. Last time I was there, I couldn't get enough water and my nose kept bleeding. You can have that high altitude and the good weather, Ma!!

    @Magnolia Peach...

    PEACH!!

    Gal, when it's that cold, you're suppose to moonwalk back into the house.

    I was in the bed snuggled up under my down comforter on my down pillows listening to the whiiiirrr of the ceiling fan.

    Too bad I can't get down like that tomorrow. ~sigh~

    Check it out, only 4 words come to mind when you see scissor wounds on a married man's chest:

    "Where are my panties?"

    LOL. You know what's up. Exit stage left, babes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:58:00 PM

    I walked out the door this morning with my coat on. By noon, I no longer needed it. Our weather has been crazy. One week its warm..sometimes almost hot. The next week, its cold. Then warm again.

    I have to check out your playlist. You sure you didn't want to add any Lil Wayne? Lolipop is the jam!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want u to get that painting taken care of - lol @ hot mess!

    ReplyDelete
  14. picking paint it Pain In The Ass! that is all

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!