Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Yes You Can... Yes You Did... Yes It's Real

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 44TH PRESIDENT
OF THESE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
BARACK OBAMA



Yes You Can...


Yes You Did...



A black first family will be taking up residence at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.



Yes It's Real...


I never thought I would see a black first couple...




Yes, it's real.

Congratulations to you President Elect Obama.


I only wish your mother and Grandmother were alive to see this day.



I know they were the very first to tell you, when you were disappointed, when you would fall and scrape your knee or you had a hard time first learning to tie your shoes even...

"Yes you can!"

They are looking down from heaven at you, watching over you, smiling on this day saying...

"Yes he Did!"

I, the Original Oldgirl LadyLee, am proud of you.

You have proved to me that if I can believe it...

I can achieve it.

And there is nothing, absolutely NOTHING, in this world I cannot do.

(Scroll down for the virtual party... You KNOW how I do)























:::UPDATE:::

So with that, I've said all I'm gonna say, and-

*LadyLee turns around as someone yanks HARD on her arm, trying to get her attention*

It is That Southern Black Gal! LadyLee gives her a fist bump.

"What you want, Southern Black Gal?"
"Somethin' good to eat, Oldgirl."
"Uh, this is not that type of event."
"No girl, you know how you grill it down." She stooped down and pulled paper plates and napkins out of a bag. "I brought utensils and all this other stuff."
"Well, in that case," LadyLee said, "let's get our eat out."
"Oh, and I got my Lil' Weezy CD too, LadyLee!"
*Lee frowns hard and snatches the CD from Southern Black Gal's hand*
"Uh, no Southern Black Gal. We'll do without that. Ol' School only at this party!"
LOL!!!
Okay ya'll, Southern Black Gal requested the special cook-out for our PRESIDENT OBAMA!
So you know how I do...
You know I had to pull out the grill.







And you KNOW there's always someone hollerin' about they don't eat pork. GEEZ!! So for them, I grilled up some shrimp and crab!





I cooked up some gumbo...



And for you REAL country folk: My grandma brought over some chittlins!



"Uncle Cre, pull the witch kettle out and fry my first black president right here some fish!!!!"




Yeah, that's good fish right there. Fried outside in hot grease like that?

Shoot, that's GOOD fish.

Got some snow BOILED snow crabs for you!!!

The salmon and biscuits are almost ready!


And for the super health counscious folks, we have all the stir-fry you can eat!








Grab a plate, and Party ON!!!

Oh, and don't forget to leave room for dessert.

Tiny, grab that ice cream out the freezer!


Make sure you have a few of LadyLee's Oatmeal Raisin walnut cookies and Chocalate Chip Pecan cookies.


Michelle Obama wanted to bake a cake, but I told her to not to bother. We got this!

We got the double chocolate coffee infused cake, babes!!


Yeah, you know I got it covered...

"Ain't no party like a OBAMA Party,

'Cuz a OBAMA party don't... STOP!!!!!!!!!!!"

LOL!!

That's it, ya'll...

Now let's do whatever we need to do to support the first BLACK president and help him be all that he can be!

22 comments:

  1. Oh his mother and Grandmother were absolutely with him. His grandmother could not have passed on if she didn't already know...things were going to be just fine.

    Oh Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:44:00 AM

    Lee, where's the grill? And the deep fryer for the fish? You know how we do it. It's a celebration!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am happy that america voted for what was right.


    amen to this post.

    amen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you lady lee..."Ain't gonna let nobody...turn me 'round, turn me 'round, turn me 'round."

    I'm transfixed in time...it all seems surreal...but it is VERY Real.

    And I'll bask in the glow for a minute... My God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture of him and his mom made me cry. How proud she looking down on her baby as President of the United States.

    Wow....

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES WE CAN!!!

    OMG! That food looks soooooooo GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @all...YES WE CAN!!!!

    @That Botanical Chick Carleen

    Girl, why did I come in to work this morning to greetings of "Obama to you, Dr. LadyLee"!

    LOL!!! No more "good mornings" for awhile!!!

    @That Southern Black Gal...

    Hooked you up, Shorty. Hope I did you proud. And I hope you got the 'itis!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:13:00 AM

    Love it Lee!

    And I would love a special Sunday edition paper. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:14:00 AM

    **snatching cd back**

    You trying to keep my cd? I'll dub you a copy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Southern Black Gal...

    Girl, don't nobody want that dayum Lil' Wayne CD. Burn it. LOL!

    I'll get you a paper. Look out for another email on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was a beautiful post....then at the end you just made me awfully darn hungry.
    Found you by way of Darius, hope you are having a good day! Move over..I'm raiding your fridge for leftovers!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  12. LORD - look at all that food!

    Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Post, Ladylee!! I'm so glad we all made history--TOGETHER!!! My boy in office!!! I'm SO proud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just want to stalk you. Seeing pics of that food...*salivating*...me swallow - HARD!!!!

    Until I saw the chitlins...*side eye*...not able girl!

    Barack...you know someobody is already planning to name their child that...in our president's honor.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @2nd 68...

    This is a most humble occasion Kingg 2nd 68!! No bottles of Bitch wine at this party!

    (Feel free to carry your butt outside and drink some ripple or Mad Dog in the backyard! LOL)

    *Lee hits 68 upside the head with her Obama church fan*

    HUMPH

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was quite a journey and congratulations are in order. Yes, he did it!

    I wish him and his family only life's best. Of course, my support will begin with morning devotions for his presidency.

    Sidebar: You always through a good party!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oops! Through should be "throw."

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Hell to Naw... You did NOT have all that food -- (or is my mind playing tricks on me-) and didn't give a sista a holla... Naw you did not... I would have washed the paper plates for you! You know I got a little slave girl at the house...I'm going to sent you a note -- NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous3:17:00 AM

    Next time just tell me to eat before I come to read the Blogs... ooohhh the food looks so good....

    CATEYES

    ReplyDelete
  20. ummm where do you live and am I invited to the next party? Daaaang!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!