Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday Freestyles

I haven't posted all week.

What in the world is my problem?



Nothing really. Just busy. I've been doing much fall cleaning around the house in the evenings, and a bit of reading and sleeping in in the mornings. So blogging has fallen by the wayside.

The weather has been nasty here in the ATL. I am sick of rain. Enough already. And it's that hard ugly vacation stopping rain. That kind that destroys hopscotch markers carefully chalked on the asphalt... the kind that steals the bounce from yellow tennis balls left in the backyard.

(Uh, that is QUITE a visual. It ain't mine... that's from the first paragraph of Tayari Jones' Leaving Atlanta. I must acknowledge that or that Oldgirl will bust me upside the head with a lawsuit, lol).

It's been raining and cold. I don't like that combo. Either one or the other. I turned the furnace on last night, just to knock the chill off the house. Left it on a little too long, so it was a bit warm up in this camp.

Well, it's good to know the furnace works!

*Lee wipes sweat from brow*

I have had a good week at work, in contrast to last week. The key has been to ignore management and their monkey wrenchs. Set my own daily goals, and just work it out. Period.

They just need to make sure they pay me every other Friday. And today is Pay Day.



And some bonus money is on this check. Glory.

Happy 45th birthday to one of my favorite authors and bloggers, that Original Oldgirl Chele!

I was hoping she wasn't going to work. She's not. I think she's taking a little weekend vacation. That is GREAT! Nothing worse than going to work on your birthday. Geez.

She has been doing a 45 day self discovery countdown to her birthday. It has been very interesting to read, and has given me things to think about concerning my own life, especially since I am turning 40 soon.

So, good for you, Chele. Happy Birthday Oldgirl! Enjoy your day!

Well, that's it for Freestyle Friday. I have more to say, but I'll save it.

You all have a great weekend! On purpose, now... really.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:43:00 PM

    This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:44:00 PM

    We finally saw the sun yesterday after not seeing if for 5 days.

    Not only do I hate rain and it's cold but rain that comes down sideways. Ugh! That's what we were dealing with.

    So why is your word verfication "heroin". I kid you not

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!